Part - 8

“Don’t run so fast like that!” You hear Jimin yelling behind you but you don’t pay attention to him, not stopping in your tracks even for a second.

“Ha, this is the motel!” you say triumphantly, stopping in front of the building which times of wealth are, frankly speaking, long gone. Yellow parget has faded away and the sunflowers standing on the window sills are certainly scaring possible tourists off, not inviting.

“Girasol Amarillo?” Jimin reads from the sign. “Doesn’t look so sunny for me.”

“You know Spanish?”

“My mum loves soap operas. There was a time in her life when she preferred watching them to korean dramas. Anyway, vamos, sweetheart!”

You know better not to question that. You get inside quickly, stopping by the reception. The blonde girl sitting by the counter and filing her juicy pink nails looks dangerously like a younger version of Dolores. Seeing new clients, she looks up with bored expression at you.

“Good morning, welcome in Girasol Amarillo. My name is Maria Rosa Ramirez del Cano, how can I help you?” she recites languidly.

You smile at her with fake politeness, ignoring how girl’s eyes immediately travel from you to Jimin and then stay focused solemnly on him. Brilliant, he has a new fangirl in his own fanclub.

You clear your throat loudly, making the girl peek at you through her fake lashes. “I would like to rent a room for a few days. I don’t know exactly for how long at the moment, so maybe like a week for now.” you say.

Maria’s chocolate eyes glance at you, then at Jimin, then again at you. “Are you two together?” she asks, making you shook your head no with a speed of light.

Maria clicks her tongue, typing something in her computer that certainly remembers Bill Gates’ teenage years. “I’m sorry, we don’t have any single room available now.” she informs you.

Your eyebrows furrow. “What do you mean you don’t have any single rooms? It’s impossible in a city like this. Who comes here for a trip?”

She sighs heavily, like speaking is the biggest torture for her and points her long index finger at the two men sitting on a brown sofa in the corner of the hallway.

“See those two men, sis?” she addresses you, “They are the members of the local version of Greenpeace or other shit. This time they have a protest against the logging of five hundred years old oak tree, so they stay at our motel. Nobody expected that much of them to come, but here we are. You are a day late, sis. I’m sorry.”

You groan in frustration. “Are you sure there aren’t any rooms available?” you continue with a glint of hope in your eyes. ‘’Not even a tiny, single one?”

Maria suddenly smirks, casting a brief glance at Jimin. “There is one room, actually. But we have a small problem.”

“What problem?” you ask her in unison with Jimin.

Her smile widenes, showing a row of yellowish teeth. ‘’There’s only one bed. King size.”

You look at her completely terrified, shaking your head. Jimin only laughs loudly. “No way,” You turn to face him. “Don’t even think about it!” you yell, hitting him in the arm.

“Do we have a better choice? It’s just a few days. Relax, sweetheart, it’ll be fine. I promise I won’t snore.” he says, placing his palm on his heart in a dramatic gesture.

“But–”

“No buts. The reservation will be under Park.” He winks at Maria, making you groan.

“God, I hate you! It was supposed to be my trip, my mission!”

“Someone once said that fate likes to play tricks with us, darling. Come on, let’s eat something delicious. I’m starving. And then we can consume our honeymoon.” Jimin teases, nudging your side and smirking at you.

“I fucking hate you, Park Jimin!” you shout.

“You already said that.”

“Motherfucker!”

Under the scorching Texas sun, in a motel with sun in the name, two young people seeking for adventures start looking for a certain treasure, trying to find a way to understand their own feelings and draw a map to their hearts.

Fate really do likes playing tricks with people. But it never makes mistakes.