Part - 4

On your very first, professional mission you realised that Egypt wasn’t only about pyramids and seaside resorts for rich people.

It was also about deserts and shit tons of sand.

Now, standing under the Texas sun, you are replying in in your head those memories marked nearly six years ago with a hint of nostalgia. When you were young and completely inexperienced but already thrown into deep end, or rather deep sand.

Closing your eyes, you still clearly remember an entry to the cave hollowed out in rock and a spacious chamber. You could feel the humidity in the air, the adrenaline when you were suddenly surrounded by pitch black darkness. There were, in fact, hieroglyphics painted on the walls and, at the very end of the chamber, a small hole that could barely accommodate a five-year-old. You remember feeling like travelling back in time, like jumping into the pictures you’ve only seen before in history books. This journey has become significant for you yet for another, entirely different reason: ashy blond archeologist with angel features and devil’s soul, assigned as your partner.

You don’t hate people just because. You need to have strong arguments against said person to dislike them to the core. But Park Jimin has deserved the title of your sworn enemy from the first minutes of your acquaintance.

“Can you like move already and help me? We’ve been here for two fucking hours and still hasn’t figured out how to broaden this hole to make your ass fit into it.” you scowled after coming up outside to have some fresh air.

Park Jimin, your dear comrade, smirked in response, leaning his body on the cave’s entry and closed his eyes, delighting in the gleams of sunshine dancing on his porcelain skin.

“Relax, sweetheart. Augustine of Hippo used to say: Patience is the companion of wisdom.” he recited, adjusting his sunglasses.

You scoffed. “This is third time today you’re quoting some dude only you heard about.”

“The fact that you haven’t, doesn’t mean no one knows who Seneca or Cicerone was. This is basic knowledge, Y/N.”

You let out a long exhale, trying to calm your nerves. “What a fucking prick,” you muttered to yourself.

“What are you murmuring over there, darling?”

You looked at him over your shoulder, mustering the sweetest smile you could. “Nothing, darling. I’m just reciting one of the Plato’s philosophical treatises.”

“Plato, huh. That’s very ambitious of you. Now I’m remembered about an anecdote about Plato’s Allegory of the Cave…”

Your groan of frustration was probably heard all the way to the China.