Chapter XI

*next morning*

My eyes fluttered open as I awoke in the guest room in only one of channings oversized shirts with him snuggled into me.

I tried to move without waking him up and succeeding.

I looked at him, he's so cute. I did what I needed to do and put on light washed jeans and a black zip up sweater.

As I was walking downstairs I heard some sniffling.

I followed the sniffling and saw aunt wilma sobbing on the couch.

"Aunt wilma what happened?" I asked alarmed.

"Channings m-mom." She sobbed. "Shes d-dead."

My mouth dropped at that. I sat at the couch almost in tears too. I only met her yesterday but I felt like a... connection too her. I can't believe she's dead. I rubbed the necklace she gave me between my fingers and tried not to cry.

"You can't tell channing." Aunt wilma said quietly.

"What? Why? That's his mother he deserves to know."

"You saw how he was at the hospital when he found out she had cancer. Imagine what he'll be like now! He may seem strong, but hes a weak one."

"She was a fighter." I whispered.

Aunt wilma nodded and cried in my arms.

I heard someones door open and me and aunt wilma hurried to the kitchen to act like nothing was wrong.

Channing came through the door and kissed my cheek. "Good morning."

I gave him a weak smile, I felt too guilty.

"Something wrong?" He asked with a blueberry muffin in his mouth.

"Yes, your chewing with your mouth open." I giggled.

When I say giggled not like the annoying girly kind. Kinda just like chuckling. Yeah...

"Oh is that bothering you?" He smirked.

He came up to me and chewed loudly in my ear.

"Your disgusting." I laughed.

"Only for you babe." He winked. "So before we leave today I was hoping we could visit mom on the way to the airport."

Me and wilma both froze at this.

"No." Aunt wilma said.

"No?" Channing asked confused.

"I think what she means is." I began. "The hospital just called and said she doesn't want any visitors today but she said bye to us."

Channing shrugged and went to watch tv and I released the breath I didn't know I was holding.

All day channing and I watched Tv basically. But I couldn't help but wonder, where was his father?

¤

"Dinner time." Aunt wilma yelled.

Me and her have been cooking loads since todays me and channings last day here.

Anyways, when aunt wilma yelled for dinner everyone came running like a pack of birds heard a gunshot.

When we were all sat down the door opened. A man who looked in his early 60s or late 50s came through the door.

"Shot two deers and a rabbit." The man said. "Almost got a bear but he ran too fast." He muttered the last part.

He put his shot gun down and came to eat. "Wilma you didn't even call me to tell me that it was time to eat?"