The Lost One

This chapter will pretty much just be Achilles explaining his love for Patroclus. (This chapter could also be called: "The one in which you learn that the author can't write anything that has to do with love." But that was too long.)

Achillies POV

Patroclus Menoetiades. How to explain such a person. He was knocked off of a train by an enemy TROY (HYDRA) soldier back in 1943, but even after I awoke from the ice, I still can't get him out of my head.

I was his punk. He was my jerk.

But what no one but Deidamia (Peggy) seemed to realize was that there was so much more there.

Patroclus was my, how you say, gay awakening. But the problem was that he wasn't interested in guys. Or so I thought. He was the kid in high school who could get girls without asking, but his dumb butt couldn't realize that. Even when he got a date, he made sure that I got one too or he wasn't going.

I remember when my ma died. He never had a great relationship with his dad, and his ma died when he was small, but he never even hesitated to invite me into his home.

I like to think back to our war days, when we both realized we liked each other.

1943, During the war,

General Menelaus was refusing to let me go rescue Patroclus and the rest of the 107th. Deidamia, ever the headstrong, was insisting that she found a way for me to rescue him. She snuck me out of the army base, and into a plane with Howard Stark.

I remembered going to see Howard at the Expo before the war started, and I felt a pang in my heart when I remembered both the girls Patroclus had hanging on his arm. I really should have been used to it by now, Pat always had girls drooling over him. That was the night I met Chiron. (Dr. Erskine)

When I looked skeptically at Howard, Deidamia assured me that he was our best chance at rescuing the 107th.

When we arrived at the base, I felt a wave of worry overtake me. When I had last seen Patroclus, he was telling me not to do anything stupid while he was away, and I went and got a experimental serum that made me twice my earlier size. What if he hated me now?

I took out enemy soldiers as I walked, fighting my way through the base. When I finally reached the cell where the 107th was being held, I said, "I'm looking for Seargent Patroclus Menoetiades."

One of the Howling Commandoes answered. "Pat was taken to the warehouse on the other side of the base. No one's ever come back from there."

I had broken the lock on their cell door, and was starting towards the warehouse, when a soldier called out, "How do we know that we can trust you?"

I replied back, lying straight (gay) through my teeth, "I've knocked out Hitler over 200 times." I thought about the lie. "Technically it wasn't a lie," I reasoned internally, "Because when I was forced to do the advertising shows, I had to knock out a fake Hitler."

When I got to the warehouse, I broke down the door and started searching the place. I had only just begun when I found Patroclus laying in a cot with suspicious medical equipment next to his makeshift bed. He was in what looked like a restless sleep.

I started trying to wake him up, lightly slapping his face, and saying things like, "Come on Pat," and "It's me, Achilles."

Finally, he opened his eyes, "Achilles?" he questioned weakly. "Yeah, it's me." I responded, hoping he wasn't mad about the serum.

"I thought you were smaller." is all he says. I help him out of the cot, but he still seems kind of loopy. Maybe that's why he kisses me when he gets to his feet.

I stand there for a second, stunned, but he doesn't care. He just continues onward like nothing happened.

"I'll ask him after he's recovered," I think, "If he really meant the kiss, or if it was the drugs talking.

I do end up asking him whether he meant the kiss hours later. He smirks, kisses me again, and asks, "Does that answer your question?"

When he panics internally, I reassure him by kissing him back in return.

Our love was beautiful while it lasted. Then he went and got knocked off the train, and I got frozen in ice. Even if he was still alive, Patroclus would be around 96, or worse, dead.

I sighed, knowing that no matter how much I wanted it, no matter how many times I prayed, or wished on my lucky stars, Patroclus was gone. And I was stuck in a time that wasn't my own.

________________________________________________________

Man, I stink at lovey-dovey stuff. Thank you to my one reader,  I forgot your username, but you know who you are. (Edit: gradientava) Although it wasn't my best, I'm kind of proud of this chapter. Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 815

                                 -Fandom_Changer23