Deidamia

Appleshire Nursing Home, Washington DC,

           "You should be proud of yourself, Deidamia." Achilles says softly. 

           "Mmm." Deidamia murmurs. "I have lived a life. My only regret is that you didn't get to live yours."

            Achilles doesn't say anything, but in his head, he's thinking how there has never been a more true statement.

           Seeing Achilles so glum, Deidamia asks, "What is it?"

          "For as long as I can remember," Achilles starts, "I just wanted to do what was right. I guess I'm not quite sure what that is anymore. And I thought I could throw myself back in and follow orders. Serve. It's just not the same."

         "You're always so dramatic. Look, you saved the world. We rather, mucked it up."

          "You didn't." Achilles tells her. "Knowing that you helped found S.H.I.E.L.D. is half the reason I stay."

          "Hey," Deidamia says. "The world has changed, and none of us can go back. All we can do is our best. And sometimes the best we can do is start over."

           Suddenly, Deidamia breaks out into a coughing fit, and when Achilles grabs her glass of water, he can see she forgot

          "Achilles." She exclaimed.

          "Yeah?"

           Deidamia gasps. "Y-y-you're alive! You came back."

           "Yeah, Deidamia." Achilles says softly.

           "It's been so long. So long."

           "Well, I couldn't leave my friend. Not when she owes me a dollar. Remember, from when I didn't die?"

            After this, Achilles high tails out of their as fast as he can. He was stuck in this century, with no way back, only forward.

_______________________________

Hey!! Sorry for another short chapter, but at least there is one!! That's 2 in 1 day!! I think I might be able to get another short one in before my family comes home, and I'm really excited!! Canon-divergence is happening soon and I'm excited to be able to write without having to reference the movie every single paragraph. Thanks for reading munchkiddes!!

Word Count: 256

                                               -Fandom_Changer23