Chapter 1: Rainy Day

Random Scenario:
Lunar: What am I supposed to do while you're gone?
Castor: What do you usually do when I'm gone?
Lunar: Wait for you to come back...

~~~~~~~

It was raining, on days like this Castor loved Earth (the planet). He was sitting under a tree, staring up at the sky from his spot. He felt the occasional cold drop of rain on his face, but it never truly bothered him. Not much bothered him at all.

He slowly closed his eyes, taking in the cool breeze and the scent of the morning dew. 

"I kind of guessed I'd find you here."

Castor's eyes didn't open, "Hello Lunar."

Lunar gave a giggle as Castor felt warmth beside him, he seemed to notice that earthlings were much warmer than him and Pollux, which was weird since they were literal STARS. 

"I noticed that you like the rain." Lunar said, 

"Next thing you'll say is that water is wet." Castor replied,

"Okay, sass master." Lunar said, this made Castor open his eyes and look to Lunar.

"Don't call me master. I am equal to you, not above you." Castor said firmly.

Lunar gave a smile, "Okay! Okay!" He said.

Castor hummed, a thought occurred to him.

"What's it like?" He asked, looking away, "To... feel things? Like emotion-wise."

Lunar frowned, humming in thought. 

"Well, since it's so natural for me, it's hard to explain. It's kind of like breathing, it just comes to you. When you're happy, it's like.... Imagine Pollux is trying to jump in the air, she was really happy to show us the rest of Earth." 

"Right."

"Well, it's like that! Being happy kind of feels like jumping so far up in the air that you don't want to come down." Lunar explained, "Being sad could feel like choking on something depending how sad you feel, the larger the lump in your throat."

Castor listened intently, then looked away, "I've known for a long time that I couldn't feel emotion like others could... Pollux was always happy or sad, she could showcase she was disgusted or angry. But me?" He paused.

"I was... Hollow. Empty." Castor brought his knees to his chest, "Rain... makes me happy. It reminds me of things."

"What things?" Lunar asked,

There was a pause.

"How was your day?" Castor asked, changing the subject. Lunar sighed, he was a little frustrated, when he thought he got Castor to open up more, he shut down the idea to do so.

But he had to learn that Castor was... different to say the least. He wasn't like Pollux.

She was open and very emotional about things, Castor struggled with those things.

Like they always said, the one that were good at one thing, the other struggled.

Pollux was a social butterfly, Castor was as distant as the stars from Earth.

Castor took time to warm up to others, Pollux was easy to talk to.

Lunar needed to adjust, especially if he wanted Castor like...

He stopped himself, Castor most likely didn't like him like THAT. He doubted that Castor could feel that way about anyone. He knew he could care for others, but anything else was an enigma.

"Lunar?" Castor caught Lunar's attention again.

"Oh! My day was fine, just taking care of the kids at the daycare, I just wanted to check on you." Lunar said.

"You mean... Like you wanted to? You didn't need anything?" Castor asked, seemingly perplexed by the idea.

Lunar shook his head, "Nope, didn't need anything!" He said, then looked up at the gray clouded sky.

Castor watched Lunar's expression, the peacefulness in his face made Castor fidget with his hands.

Lunar caught him staring and turned to him, where Castor quickly looked away.

Castor then felt warmth on his hand, he looked to Lunar. His face was flushed as he looked up at the sky.

Lunar was... doing something by placing his hand on Castor's.

"What are you doing?" Castor asked, Lunar finally looked to him.

"I uh..." He took a deep breath, "I am trying to... hold your hand."

Castor blinked at him, Lunar seemed kind of... uncomfortable?

So, Castor didn't question why he was trying to hold his hand or what it meant to do so.

Castor linked his hand into Lunar's, who scooted closer to Castor.

They watched the rain fall as Lunar slowly leaned his head on Castor's shoulder. Castor just stared up at the sky, his hand in Lunar's.