Chapter 5: Burrito Blankets

Lunar was sitting on his make-shift bed of pillows and blankets on the balcony of his room. He wasn't exactly sure what he was doing. He kind of was just staring at the ceiling, then he heard Earth's voice below the balcony.

"Lunar! I'll be out with Pollux, Castor will be here soon!" Earth said as Lunar peeked over the rail to see her smiling.

"Really?!" Lunar said with excitement. Another day with Castor was always a treat, he quickly rearranged his pillows and blankets as Earth left. He needed to make sure that the tornado of stuff looked at least a little neat for Castor.

"What are you doing?" Lunar squeaked in surprise as he turned to see Castor climbing up the steps to the balcony.

Lunar hurriedly got up and rushed to Castor, giving him a big hug. Castor stiffened and then relaxed, wrapping his arms around Lunar.

"I was just reorganizing my pillows and blankets!" Lunar said, taking Castor's hand and leading him to the make-shift bed. Castor hummed as they both sat down in it, Lunar picked up a blanket and wrapped it around Castor.

Castor blinked as he felt the extremely soft fabric, "This blanket is kinda heavy."

"It's one of my weighted blankets! I can get you a normal blanket if it's too heavy though." Lunar said, 

"No, I'm fine..." Castor said, waving his hand, then he nuzzled into it, "It feels like a hug..."

"Weighted blankets are used for helping anxiety! It's supposed to feel like a hug!" Lunar said, "It calms the nerves, improves sleep, and gives you a feeling of being secure!"

Castor tried to bury himself in the blanket, flopping over on his left side.

"Here!" Lunar said, wrapping Castor in the weighted blanket like a burrito.

"This feels nice..." Castor said, he seemed so relaxed and it made Lunar smile brightly. He then noticed something.

Castor's left eye, which was always covered with his hair, was showing as his hair drifted off it.

It was scarred, the eye wasn't closed like normal injuries of humans or animatronics, it was just an empty socket. The worrying thing to Lunar was that it was a large claw mark that had seemingly torn out the eye.  Five scars were engraved in his skin across the left side of his face.

"What happened to your eye?" Lunar asked, 

"Nothing?" Castor said uncertainly.

"I mean... Your left eye." Lunar continued.

Castor was silent, trying to cover it up with his hand, which was difficult since he was wrapped up in a weighted blanket.

Lunar gently took his hand trying to cover it up, "It's okay, you don't have to tell me. I just.." He paused.

"I know... I just... learned that it freaks others out." Castor said, "...Pollux cries when she sees it..."

There was silence other than Castor's breathing.

"Do you mind if I ask why?"

"....I heard about an incident... An incident that left me comatose..." Castor said, "No one would give me details, but I could only remember things after I woke up. My eye was heavily damaged and I had rather it be taken out than to keep trying to fix it with no results." Castor explained.

"I didn't just keep it covered from people's reactions, I learned that it's very sensitive to light, that I get headaches when I have to focus with it." He said, "It... reminds Pollux of when I was comatose and when I tried to recover..."

Lunar laid beside Castor and wrapped him in a hug, "You're so brave, Castor."

Warmth filled Castor as he gave a faint glow.

"You're beautiful Castor, don't forget that... You shouldn't have to worry about others' reactions. Of course, I won't tell you to keep it covered or not. Just do what YOU are comfortable with." Lunar said.

Castor nuzzled close to Lunar as he pulled him closer to his chest, "Thank you Lunar..."

Lunar then gave him a kiss on the head, Castor returned it with a kiss on Lunar's head. 

He didn't think much of the interaction, this stuff felt natural between him and Lunar.

"Thank you for listening to me..." Castor whispered, then he slowly drifted off to sleep.