Chapter 3: Talk

Castor waited on a bench, looking at the letter in his hands.

'Stop getting so close to Lunar, Castor. You know what happened last time.'

'You know what happened last time.'

He felt the pull, the urge to be near Lunar. He wanted to be next to him at that moment. He sighed, teleporting away from the usual spot he and Lunar met at.

He found himself in Paris, his eyes searched around for the one he was looking for. He instantly heard her.

"Hiiiiiiiii!" Pollux cheered as she jumped high into the air, landing on her feet in front of her brother.

Castor nodded in greeting, "Hello Pollux."

"What's up?" Pollux asked.

"...What... happened when I was..." Castor paused, "When I was comatose?"

Pollux's cheerful expression faded instantly, a sorrowful look replacing it as she frowned. She gave a sad hum and Castor quickly tried to reassure her.

"You don't have to tell me... I just-."

"It was devastating to a lot of us. Me and Libra were particularly hit the hardest. It ricocheted to the others. Without Libra as our leader, we suffered. Without you as.. For lack of better words, the logic and reason. Everything soured between us." Pollux said, "Pisces and Sagittarius even left for a good long while due to the bitterness and distaste we had for each other."

Pollux looked away then back at him, "Some of us blamed ourselves for what happened. Libra was one of them. They thought if they had watched you better, it wouldn't have happened."

Castor and Pollux stood there in silence.

"Why do you ask?"

"Libra sent a... private message. Stating that I knew what happened last time." Castor said, Pollux stiffened.

"Who?" She asked hurriedly.

"...Lunar."

"But, Lunar doesn't seem like a threat!" Pollux said.

"Libra has... seen how close we are getting... They all said as a group that Lunar's power has gotten more powerful." Castor explained, "Lunar's power stems from emotion."

Then silence.

"Could I be the reason his power is growing more powerful?" Castor asked, "Has Lunar said anything to hint somewhere?"

Pollux sighed, muttering under her breath: 'Sorry, Lunar.'

She then talked aloud, "Lunar is... very talkative about you." She said, Pollux seemed to be carefully picking at her words like her least favorite food.

"Why?" Castor asked.

"...He's told me that you... glowed." Pollux deflected the question.

"...Pollux, what is going on?" Castor asked.

"Do you want to be around Lunar?" Pollux asked, her expression growing stern. Castor and Pollux might've been twins, but it was confirmed by the majority of Astral Bodies that Pollux was older than Castor despite being born on the same month.

"What?" Castor quickly tried to ask other questions before he saw his sister's gaze soften.

"Answer the question, Cas... Please." She said.

Castor paused as he thought about the question, "...yes..."

"Do you feel.. at least in your version... happy around him?" Pollux asked.

"I mean... yes..."

"Could you do anything for him to be happy?"

A beat of silence.

"Yes."

Pollux looked away, her fluffy hair drifting in the breeze.

"Castor... I'm not going to tell you how you should feel. But, I see Libra's concern... They don't want the same thing to happen again."

Castor raised a brow.

"Cause if you do comatose again... They doubt heavily that you'd wake again. Which leads to my death. Which could lead to anarchy. If we both died, Pisces and Sagittarius would most likely run off and never return, Libra would fall into despair, Taurus and Leo would run rampant... You have to be careful Castor."

Castor saw how serious this was, but didn't understand what he was supposed to do to avoid this, he opened his mouth to speak.

"Be careful... that's all I'm asking." Pollux said, giving her brother a hug.

He stood there in her hug, he then heard the quiet sob.

"I don't want to be alone... not again..." Pollux whispered.

Castor slowly hugged her back, resting his chin on her shoulder and closing his eyes.

They stood there together beneath the Eiffel Tower and hugging as the sun started to set.

"You won't be... I promise." Castor said.