Chapter 7: The Truth

*SENSITIVE TOPICS AHEAD!*

Castor appeared at the pond, Pollux was sitting at the edge, her expression dark and worried.

He felt a hint of sorrow at her expression, but his desire of learning the truth over comforting her was greater.

"Pollux?" He announced himself, waving at her.

Pollux looked up at him, her eyes were exhausted as if she hadn't slept in weeks.

Castor sat beside her, Pollux sighed.

"Nebula told me." Pollux said, "I... Just wanted you to hear it from me than your memories or anyone else..."

Castor stiffened as Pollux took his hands in hers.

"I just didn't want this to... Hurt you more than help..."

Castor was quiet.

Pollux then continued, "You had met someone, Castor. Before your comatose." She said.

"Someone you loved, someone you cared for." Pollux said, "He soon became your boyfriend. None of us questioned it, sure it was sudden. But you seemed happy!"

"You SEEMED happy..." Pollux said sadly, "But you were silently crying for help..."

"It was apparently common for his kind to abuse their mates." Pollux said, "You were dying and none of us noticed."

"He beat you, raped you, forced you to do anything he wanted." Pollux said.

"When we found out what was going on... You were already too far gone." Pollux said.

"Your comatose was caused by you trying to kill yourself..." Pollux said, "You tried to use your star power to leave me alive when you died."

Castor's eyes were wide, hands were shaking in Pollux's hands.

Her eyes started to fill with tears, "I was a horrible sister for not noticing. I tried to ignore it during your comatose, told myself that you'd be okay and everything would return to normal!"

"But when you woke up, you were hysterical. Libra used their magic to seal away those memories, which knocked you out. You woke up again and we had to start our relationships with you from scratch."

"The one who hurt you? He was found dead." Pollux said,

Castor stared at their hands.

"I love you, brother... I'm sorry that I couldn't help... I'm sorry that I was a horrible sister... I'm sorry for lying to you... I'm sorry for keeping this from you." Pollux's voice started to break into sobs.

Castor's silence didn't help, he knew that. But he had no idea what to say, he almost didn't believe her.

His head hurt.

He could feel the hurt, the disgust, the fear he felt at the moment.

He then hugged his sister.

"I understand... But please don't hide anything else..." Castor said as Pollux sobbed into his shoulder.

Castor understood Pollux had suffered too, it wasn't just Castor. It wasn't just Pollux and Castor who suffered.

Castor started to cry alongside his sister, body shaking as the weight of Pollux's words crushed him.

He was hurt so bad.

He had his memories sealed away by someone he trusted.

His sister was lying to him for a long while.

He didn't know what to do.

He didn't know what to say.

He then thought:

I want to see Lunar.

He told his sister this and Pollux nodded, "Go be with him, he'll help you cope."

Pollux had a knowing smirk that made Castor give a laugh.

Emotions were easy now.

Now that his brain wasn't blocked, he felt...

Happier?

That wasn't exactly the right word, but he'd go with it.

He then disappeared to find Lunar.