02| Sarthak's possessiveness.

Watching the sun set, she felt a surge of hope. The beautiful transition from day to night served as a reminder that endings could be stunning, too. Each streak of color was a promise, a symbol of potential hiding in the wait for a new dawn. Despite the descending darkness, the sunset instilled in her a radiant optimism.

She was roaming in her terrace, listening to music. Heart pounding thinking what will happen tomorrow. A tear left from her eye when she remembered her first day in school. The day from which she got bullied.

Having the flashbacks, she was also breathing heavily.

"DIDI."

Her brother came running towards her with a plate full of fruits. As she was breathing heavily, Sarthak understood that she was having flashbacks. So he kept the plate on the floor and hugged her tightly. While stroking her head, he said.

"Didi, calm down, it was your past, nothing will happen, they are gone from your life now, besides we are in a different state too."

He told her to make her calm down. After some time, she calmed down and said to Sarthak that.

"I'm too scared to go tomorrow to college because I know they will bully me."

After seeing her worrying so much, he said.

"Arre didi, don't worry if they bully you just give them a savage reply or beat them to death, I'll handle the case when I'll be 18 years old."

She laughed at his answer.

"Ayy, this was not expected from you, I'm giving you such a great idea, and you are laughing at me."

"Yes, I'm laughing. But you said that even if you die, you'll not become a lawyer when you grow up, then how will you handle the case?"

"I meant to say that I'll tell them I'm the criminal who murdered them, not my didi, and yes for you if I have to become a lawyer then I'll become. Anything for you didi."

"Awwlee, Mera bhai bada ho gaya!"

"Arre didi yaar."

"Kya...kuch galat thodi na bola hai."

He looked at her with an irritated face. She laughed at him. He also laughed, and they both ate the fruits, talking, singing, and laughing the whole evening.

"Sarthak and Shirin, both of you come down right now."

Their conversation got interrupted when their mother called them from downstairs.

"Yeah, yeah, coming just 2 more minutes."

Shirin replied, and slowly, they started coming downstairs.

"Phir kya hua na didi, wo aaya aur mujhe bol raha tha ki teri didi na bahut sundar hai, kash meri girlfriend ban jaye."

"KYA!? Ye bola usne."

"Aur nahi to kya."

"Phir?"

"Phir kya maine usko maara."

This was the conversation in which they were so immersed.

"Ayy, you two stop talking now and eat dinner."

"DINNER!?" Both asked together in sync.

"Yes, dinner."

"But why now maa, it's just 8.30 pm now." Sarthak said.

"Kal didir college ache, o k to kheye taratari ghumate hobe, taratari uthte hobe toh (Tomorrow is didi's college, she have to eat now and sleep, she have to wake up early.)"