Control Freaks

Dawson POV:

      As soon as we arrived home, I quickly scrambled out of the car slamming the car door in the process. "Dawson Jace don't slam doors, do you hear me?" I flip Davian off as I sprint up to my room and lock the door. I take my bag to the little nook in my room that overlooks our massive property, sitting down I grab my headphones and homework and turn on my angry playlist. Homework for today was to fill out a questionnaire about what you hope you get placed as, and fill put your school's application. The Academies were ranked on three tiers, top, mid and bottom. On the application you applied to six, you were only allowed to apply to two top tier schools, and you had to apply to at least one bottom tier school.

      I started out thinking about what I hoped to get tested as. I honestly didn't even know what I could be, most of my family were dominants, and a couple were neutrals so thinking genetically I felt like I had the best chance at being neutral, as there was no way I could be dominant. Just thinking about having to boss people around and care for someone and provide for them just felt like too much to even think about.

     Aspen said he wouldn't be surprised if I got some type of submissive, which is crazy! The chances of that would be extremely low as my bloodline didn't even have any submissives in it. I also don't like the thought of having to bend to someone's every word, that just sounded too controlling. So, on the paper I wrote down that I hoped I would get Neutral, as well as how genetically it made the most sense.

     Onto the college applications! This one was easy to fill out as Aspen and I had been talking to each other about where we would go to school together. Our final school choices came down to 1. Silver Oak Academy (top tier), Apatore Elite (top tier), Paramount Academy (mid-tier), Pine River Academy (mid-tier), Grand Ridge (mid-tier), and Jefferson Immersion (bottom tier). 

     Looking up at the clock the time reads 4:57 pm, I decide that I should probably head down to the office so that I'm not late for the family meeting. Taking my homework in my hand; knowing my parents would like to see it actually complete, I head down the halls until I make my way down to our basement. I take a couple more turns and end up at the office, seeing that I'm the sixth person to arrive, my parents on one couch with Davian on the next, beside him empty, as Kallias had yet to appear. The next couch seated Azara and Kye both on time and honestly, they both were probably the first to arrive. They hated tardiness. The twin's couch was empty, but I was not surprised they were always late, but the person who was always the latest happened to share a couch with me; Atlas.

     Walking into the room silently, I hand my completed work to my parents and make my way to my designated seat. Everyone silently waits for the others to arrive, my parents looking over the work I handed them. I felt eyes burning into my side, but I didn't dare to look knowing Kye was going to keep asking me through his eyes if I was alright and what had happened. You see family meetings like this were only called when it applied to me, which was so stupid why did they all get to agree on my punishments but there was never a gathering held for them when they broke the rules.

     After ten minutes of waiting the last person, ahem Atlas, walked in. As soon as he took his seat all eyes turned to me. I hated the burning and questioning stares I was getting. "Today we are gathered here because our dear little brother decided to not listen to the rules set in place by our parents." Davian started theatrically. I rolled my eyes at him, sticking my tongue out when no one was looking.

      "Could you elaborate Davian please." My head snapped as I heard my father speak. My Father was a man of few words, he hardly ever spoke always letting my mother do all the talking but you could see him watch from the outside his eyes always calculating. Everyone was startled, but Davian continued.