รɦε ℓเѵεร ƭɦε ρσεƭ૨ყ รɦε ૮αɳɳσƭ ω૨เƭε

Angst

Quote from my idol, Oscar Wilde

Shinobu Kochou

----------------------

Shinobu stared at Giyuu while he lay unconscious on the bed.

Unlike Giyuu, she didn't act irrationally on her emotions. Instead, she bottled them up until the bottle shattered. Thankfully, that hadn't happened yet. Just keep drinking your wisteria poison, top off the shot, and swallow it in.

If someone so much as kissed her at this point, they'd probably die.

She knew that. It was okay. She had gone to the Tomioka estate earlier that evening, for reasons she honestly couldn't even remember. But when she opened the door, she was greeted by a sickening stench of rotting blood and mould.

She coughed and immediately assumed that Tomioka was being hurt by a demon.

When she kicked down the door to Tomioka's room, she was greeted by walls and floors flecked with blood and Tomioka....passed out on the ground with a sizable knife. This idiot. How a demon hadn't found him and eaten him, Shinobu didn't know.

Shinobu pressed a palm to her chin and groaned. All that mattered was that Tomioka was alright.

Which she wasn't completely sure of, even now.

Oh, god.

What had she done wrong? What hadn't she noticed?

She sobbed weakly, covering her face with her hands. So what if she looked stupid?

Fuck. All she wanted was her best friend. She wanted him back right now.

.

.

.
Shinobu awoke with a start when she heard a cough from the doorway. Standing there was a very nervous and worried Kanao.

Shinobu stood up and pressed the tips of her fingers against her temples. "Yes, honey? What do you need?" She groaned.

Kanao edged nervously into the room, her eyes fixed on Tomioka.

"Is he okay?" She asked.

"I..." Shinobu started and took a long glance at Sleeping Beauty. His eyes were shut peacefully with a small frown on his lips. She took a deep breath, but it was broken because she'd been crying. Kanao opened her arms, and Shinobu ran to her embrace.

"Fuck, Kanao. I don't know." She shuddered, sinking to the floor in Kanao's arms.

She sighed.

"I'm sure he'll be fine." She murmured. Shinobu wiped a tear from her eye and sat up. "I hope so. But his wounds are very infected, and he's been living in that awful house for years now. Kanao, it was stained with blood. It smelled like mould and despair. I didn't even know what despair smelled like until now. I thought pulp fiction was just making shit up, but fuck, i was wrong. It's horrible in there, Kanao." She sobbed.

Kanao furrowed her brow. "How had a demon not found him and killed him?" She asked, concerned.

"I don't fucking know." Shinobu cried. "I'm glad they didn't though-" She whispered.