εѵε૨ყ รɱเℓε ƭεℓℓร α รƭσ૨ყ, αɳ∂ εѵε૨ყ รɱเℓε ɦเ∂εร σɳε

Shinobu

Dark grey eyes stare into mine as I feel cold, gnarled and sticky hands trace down my skin.

"Get off of me" I whisper.

"No" He whispers back.

Shinobu had never ever thought of herself as the kind of person who would get married and have kids. Even if the demon didn't kill Kanae and her family, she never really liked the idea of being tied down to a man forever.

Well, sometimes life doesn't go the way you think it should, she reminded herself as she vomited her guts into a bucket next to her bed. Wiping her mouth, she cursed and flopped back into her bed, her muscles growing weak again.

"Fucking hell, 'Nobu" Came a raspy voice from the doorway. Tomioka was standing in the doorway, his arms crossed and his eyebrows raised.

"How long have you been standing there?" Shinobu asked. Tomioka shrugged. 

"Enough to see you vomit up your guts. Are you sure you're okay?" He said gently, walking over to Shinobu.

She sighed. "Of course not."

Over the past three months of her...illness, Shinobu and Giyuu had become close. Giyuu opened up to her, and she was always there for him. A full year had passed since the incident, and now the pair were thick as thieves.

Recently, Shinobu had been raped by a demon, and Giyuu had been taking care of her. Somehow, the heinous shithead had gotten her pregnant. Shinobu wasn't ready to have kids, but considering her options, she decided to keep the baby for the sake of science and not take the risk of dying from a "convenient miscarriage".

Giyuu flopped down next to her on the bed, and she rolled over so that they were facing each other on the bed.

"What's up?" He asked. Shinobu sighed and grabbed his hand.

This wasn't unusual, they often pretended to be a couple for fun, held hands and were plenty touchy as a joke/for fun. A year ago, Shinobu was all on Giyuu's ass trying to get him to socialize more and open up to her. She loved to tease him and play off a friendly nudge from time to time, but she wouldn't have guessed Giyuu would be a friendly, corny, and playful guy when he gets comfortable around people. She had assumed he was always depressed and melancholic, even when he was with his friends.

"Look, Giyuu... I don't want to have a kid." She admitted quietly. Giyuu tried to smile through the shock. "That's alright, I assumed so." He said, pulling her into a hug. She squeezed her eyes shut and hugged him back, even though tears started pricking at her eyes. Giyuu seemed to notice and squeezed her tighter.

"You can cry on me, I don't care." He murmured. So Shinobu buried her face into the crook of his neck and sobbed, not caring what the outside world would think of their peculiar friendship.

Hey, it's Author-San!

I know this update was short, but I promise they'll get longer as the story progresses. Thanks for sticking with me!! Also, I know I'm getting reads but bae can I get comments?? I wanna know yall's thoughts on my story!