σɳε ∂αყ ૮ℓσรε૨ ƭσ ∂εαƭɦ

Giyuu

Giyuu let Shinobu snooze peacefully on his chest, knowing she was tired and drained from a day of vomiting everything she ate and drank.

He would be too, if he was her.

Shinobu looked so peaceful as she slept. Giyuu cracked a rare smile and ran a hand through her purple and black hair, a light blush creeping up his cheeks. She looked so cute.

It felt so wrong to be with her like this. It felt like he was just using her for these moments where he could just admire her and smile- but oh, how selfish he felt. Oh, how he wished the shy glances and the adoring smiles were mutual. But he was okay with where he was at the moment. With her in his arms, her soft breathing tickling the skin of his neck.

He let himself drift to sleep. 

--(AUTHOR SAN SAYS: BLUD I'M TIRED OF THESE GOOFY SPOTIFY ADS BUT I WOULD RATHER EAT DI-HYDROGEN JELLY THAN PAY NINE BUCKS A MONTH)--

"Giyuu, can I.. talk to you?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to say that I really, really love you, and I hope we can be together forever"

"I can't believe that we got to spend even three months together. I mean, these memories could last forever, between us,"

"Remember that time we just laid on the pavement, and looked at the stars? I do to. When I'm gone, I want that to be what you remember about me. That night."

"I love you."

--

Giyuu gasped awake. Shinobu was gone. Having a little panic attack, he frantically glanced around the room to find he was all alone.

"What the..." He muttered, sliding out of the bed. He wasn't wearing the clothes he'd fallen asleep in, and the room was completely dark. There was a tiny oil lamp lit in the corner, though the most it seemed to light up was a small circle, like watercolour pigment bleeding onto wet paper.  He grabbed it and thrust it forward, looking around the room in confusion.

Then there was a loud rustle in the corner. Giyuu gasped and turned around, his eyes widening, to find a little girl. She stared at him, her strange eyes wide. She was very unusual, her blue and purple hair flowing down to her stubby legs, strange marks like tattooed flowers on her cheeks, her eyes the colour of a hypersaturated pink rose.

But it wasn't her unusual colouration or tattoos that scared him. It was her hands. They were gnarled and twisted, like old roots of a tree. What a peculiar child. What was she doing in Giyuu's room?

Then it hit him. This girl was a demon.

What was a demon doing in his room? 

Giyuu reached for his sword, only to find it wasn't in its scabbard.

He bit his lower lip. 

Fuck.  Now what? She's probably like, a super powerful demon or something if she has this kind of power...

The girl didn't move. She just stared at him.

"Uh.. Hi?" Giyuu said, starting to notice her blank stare. It was as if she was looking through him, rather than at him.

Then a gust of wind whooshed through the window and blew out the oil candle. As the whole room plunged into immediate darkness, Giyuu shifted into a defensive position.

Where was Shinobu?

There was the noise of scales rattling across the floor and a light chuckle.

Then Giyuu woke up to the sunlight and a pair of purple eyes staring into his own.

Hey, guys! Sorry for the slow updates! I've been super busy and i sorta don't know what to write so leave comments so i can motivate meself

ty for all dem reads