Part Five: Infinite Fire Trio

With a huff, Angel finally brought the last box of her things into her room. She had spent the day unpacking only to realize Normic had forgotten something when he packed her things. "NORMIC?!" She shouts, popping her head into the hallway, looking left and right. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" she hears him shout from his room, seeing him pop his head out the door. "After all the years you've known me you forgot to grab the most important thing to me..." She glares at him, wondering how he dared to forget.

"What did I forget?" He tilts his head confused. She inhales before shouting "MY BOOKS YOU DINGBAT YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THEY ARE TO ME YOU REALLY EXPECT NOT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO READ?!" She puffs out her cheeks in aggravation. "Now, now, My Lady, if it's books you wish to read, we do have a library" Sebastian informs her as he happens to be walking by. "A LIBRARY?!" Angel and Zuki shout in excitement, their eyes twinkling with joy. Zuki grabs Angel's hand dragging her down the hallway finding an open door to the library. Their eyes scan the many bookshelves full of books, seeing some tables and couches here and there.

Both Angel and Zuki take off in different directions, pulling any books that seem interesting off the shelves. Angel eventually plops down on one of the couches after placing her books on the side table, pulling Icha Icha from the stack. "I thought you hated those kinds of books?" Zuki questions, looking down at her best friend. "Eh, but you know me I must read books that are from shows and find out why they're so popular! Y'know, just like the Daring Do series!" Angel exclaims with a smile. "Ah yea that's true" Zuki smiles before setting her books on a table and lying on the couch parallel to Angel.

Unsure of how much time has passed, Angel's attention departed from the book, hearing soft snores. Angel looks over to see Zuki asleep with a book covering her face. With a wicked smile, Angel gets up and takes a picture of Zuki asleep. "I'm so gonna tease her later" Angel chuckles, before moving back to her couch. Plopping down, she is met with a much harder surface than the soft cushion of the couch. With a squeal, she shoots up and turns around only to see Kakashi lying on the couch reading the book she was reading. "Hey, I was sitting there and I was reading that book!" She scowls, glaring at him. "Hm? Did you say something?" He looks up at her with a bored expression.

Her eye twitches in annoyance and snatches the book from his hands, asking him to move. "No, I think I'll stay here this couch is pretty comfortable" he teases. "Suit yourself!" She says before plopping down on him, getting comfortable. "What are you doing?! Get off of me!" He shouts, trying to get her off. "Nope, since you wanted to stay put this is your fate now!" She chuckles in victory as he gives up.

Not realizing she had dozed off, she yawned and saw she had fallen asleep on Kakashi, and he was fast asleep. As if remembering why she woke up, she looked around, as she felt she was being watched. Looking right in front of her, it takes everything for her not to jump and scream. In front of her stood Yuki Itadori, but judging by the markings on his face, Sukuna was the one in control.

"Angel? Is it really you?" Sukuna eyes her curiously, not believing what he is seeing. "Um, yea? Where have you been this whole time?" She tilts her head in confusion. "You don't remember me?" He asks, almost sounding hurt. "Am I supposed to? If I'm not mistaken, we haven't exactly met the whole time I was here" She eyes him, wondering what he was talking about. He lets out a soft sigh, before walking off. Angel, confused, but decides to shrug it off, gets comfortable and dozes off again. She is woken by a book landing in her stomach, as she yelps in pain. "Ow! Why?!" She glares up at the person, only to meet the eyes of Sukuna. "Just read the cover," he says pointing to the book. She rolls her eyes, looking down and seeing the title.

"The Infinite Fire Trio?" She reads out loud. "Why would I need this?" She questions the curse, annoyance lacking her words. "Your past lives were smarter..." He sweatdrops. "Past lives?" Angel tilts her head, not understanding what he is trying to say. "Your last name is Phoenix right?" Sukuna points out. She nods, waiting for him to continue. "And what are phoenixs known for?" He rolls his hand as if motioning her to finish off what he was saying. "Rebirth?" She answers back, still very much confused. "Bingo! We have a winner!" Sukuna cheers. "I still don't understand what you mean." She states wanting him to elaborate. "Just read the damn book" he huffs out, his patience wearing thin already.

She opens the cover and begins to read out loud "The Infinite Fire Trio, Angel Phoenix, Zuki Hattori, Normic Carmicheal. Also known as The Phoenix, Esmeray, and The Cloak. The strongest heroes to have ever existed. It is said that Angel has gifted her blood to her two best friends, as many believed the three would always be reborn when the world needed them." She finishes off, her eyes wide in shock, slowly looking up at Sukuna. "This isn't exactly your first life, kiddo" he adds. "But, if you know me, how come there was never anything about me in the manga on anime?" She questions, not recalling any mentions of her and her friends.

"Because no one knew we knew each other, we kept on the down low" he answers, shrugging it off. "Why?" She narrows her eyes at him, wondering why no one knew. "Let me say this much, you used to call me oni-chan" he looks down at her, a malicious smirk adoring his face. "Oni-chan?" As those words left her mouth, memories came flooding back of that life, of him finding her dirty and alone as a child. "Now the gears in your head are turning!" He looks at her almost with pride. Before anything else was said, the marks on his face disappeared, showing Itadori was now back in control. "Where am I?" Itadori asks confused, looking at his surroundings. Angel just chuckles as she hears the door of the library open.

"My lady, it appears someone is here to see you," Sebastian says, gesturing to the boy beside him. "ANGEL!!!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!" the boy cries out, throwing himself at her. "Archibald?! What are you doing here?!" She squeaks out in shock, trying to pry him off her. "Oh I followed you here after seeing you in town!" he smiles innocently, clearly not seeing how that was weird. She rolls her eyes before getting up and walking out of the library. As she walks into the lobby, a soft knock is heard at the door. Looking around to see if anyone else would get it, she decides to walk over and open it herself.

"Um hello miss, I'm sorry to disturb you but I need to apologize to you, as I'm the reason you got ambushed..." A small voice mumbles out. Angel looks down to see the little girl she saw earlier in town today. "How was that your fault?" Angel questions, bending down to the girl's level. "You see, I'm the daughter of Chad, the guy you're up against, and he used me as a spy to capture you..." Her pink eyes well up tears, but still she continues "But after seeing what you and your friends did, I realized I no longer want to be any part of his evil doings anymore!" Angel pulls the purple-haired girl to her, rubbing her hair, shushing her. "Hey, it's okay I forgive you by the way what's your name?" Angel asks gently. "It Payzege, the Z and E are silent" Payzege introduces herself. "What do you mean the Z and E are silent?" Angel tilts her head curiously. Payzege pulls out a little notebook from her satchel and writes 'Paige'.

"So this is how my name is normally spelled, correct? Well, mine is spelled Payzege, take out the z and e its Payge, get it?" Payzege explains. "Who the heck named you?" Angel says bluntly. "My father... He's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer" Payzege says. "Well, that's okay so what are you doing here?" Angel looks at her awaiting her answer. "Well, I was hoping I could join your team and stay here with you?" Payzege asks with hope in her voice, giving puppy dog eyes. "Alright then, let's get you cleaned up, fed, and tucked in!" Angel cheers, grabbing Payzege's hand, and guiding her through the mansion. "Oh! And welcome to the team!" Angel smiles sweetly down at the girl, Payzege immediately knowing she made the right choice and finding her way here.