Chapter 1

Hi and welcome!

To some of ya it's a welcome back! Happy to see you again :]

Warning!: swearing, angst, violence, abuse, lack of consent

As young boys at the age of eight Kier and Dev had sworn that they would be brothers forever and would let nothing break them apart.

Now almost fifteen years later they still held onto that oath.

Both men lived together in an apartment. They didn't have much but they had enough to survive and together they could be happy.

Whenever people asked if they were brothers they said yes and whenever people asked if they were partners, they said they were brothers. They were brothers no matter what. It forever reminded them of their oath.

It was in the middle of a hot summer day when the two brothers agreed to go to a restaurant and pull a little prank on them.

As the evening came, and the two brothers were hungry enough to get up and do something about it, they left their home.

The city was busy. Cars were all around and it felt like people surrounded them just by their presence of walking past them.

Kier and Dev liked the calmer cities more than this one. But as their jobs were close to where they lived, they stayed.

The heat of the sun made them sweat, but it wasn't as bad as a few hours ago. The sun was setting now.

A breeze cooled them for a short moment. They turned a corner and saw the place they were going to eat at.

"What are you gonna say to them," Dev asked smiling, looking back and forth between Kier and the restaurant. Kier grinned.

"I'll order some food that's not gonna be there," Kier answered. "What do you think they're gonna do about it?" Kier smirked wickedly.

"They're going to say that you're an idiot and ask for something real," Dev said. "It's not going to work. We gotta come up with something better."

"What do you suggest?" Kier turned his head looking wickedly into his brother's eyes.

"We'll test them and make it like hell for them," Dev said, locking their eyes. "Drop the fork, put hair in the food and complain, talk way too high... Get into an argument? Spilling food on the floor... Oh! We should buy some wine and spill it on the table" He said smiling. Kier hesitated for a few moments.

"That might be too much, you nasty bastard," Kier said. "Putting hair in the food? Eww."

"But we'll return it and get something better. It's just a prank, bro." Dev clapped Kier on his back.

"I'm sticking with ordering food that isn't there..." Kier turned his head seeing he was about to bump into a streetlight. Kier dodged it and Dev chuckled at him.

"Yeah... you're right," Dev said. "It might be too much."

Dev opened the doors and walked inside the restaurant. Kier followed close by. The brothers both had fine-looking suits on. Dev with a dark blue jacket and red tie while Kier had a dark red jacket but a blue tie.

It was crowded with people. Couples, families, and other people were spread all around the restaurant.

A waiter came to them asking where they would like to sit and if they had booked anything.

"We just came by, and we want to sit right... overrr... there," Kier said, looking around to point at a corner where there weren't a lot of people or children. Children were always screaming.