XXIX. I Receive An Early Christmas Gift

(A/N: Hell about to be unleashed soon, only question is who'll have the higher body count by the end: Percy or Colton? Small change in stuff: couple more chapters added so.. now it's Chapter 38 that I can't wait to write.)

Walking back to the cabin, down from the Big House.. hand in hand with Kayla that night, I will admit felt like we had truly arrived at the precipice of fate now. From here on, our fate would be in the hands of the fates.. though I had to suspect that given the prophecy I received yesterday meant that we would likely win this fight. I didn't know how we were going to win this, again it was only just a gut feeling which was all good in theory, but the reality was that anything could happen.

Speaking of the future, I had another set of dreams the night before.. this time the first one showed me, Percy, the traitor Luke, and Michael walking into a camp of some sort with a teenage boy that looked Chinese with a large stocky build and a babyish face with a bow and quiver of arrows on one side of us, and a girl in armor that had shoulder-length curly cinnamon brown hair and gold eyes holding a sword in her hand on the other. It was weird, since it seemed like this camp was like Camp Half Blood, but more militaristic, more war-like. It had a more Roman like feel to it.

The second dream was of four figures - two of them being sons of my father, Phobos and Deimos respectively.. what looked like the Goddess of Nightmares Melinoe, and the monster Arachne in a cave.. and they stood menacingly in front of a giant spider web up against the wall in which Thalia, Kayla, Percy, Annabeth, the traitor Luke, Katie, Miranda, both the Stolls, Clarisse, Chris, Sherman, Belle, Pollux and Castor, Lee, Michael, Will, Victoria, Aruna, Aurora, Silena, Charles, Austin, Caeli, Nico, Bianca, Jake, Zoe, as well as quite a few other people that I had never seen before were all struggling helplessly in it, entangled in the web and unable to get free, eyes wide with fear - Annabeth was seriously having a complete panic attack - while the monsters talked about what a delicious meal they would have. A monstrously hideous growl caused them to turn around and then one look at their faces would tell you that they were terrified now.

I couldn't exactly make out what it was they were terrified of, since it was blurry, but it was big. At least fifty feet tall.. maybe more. It was very muscular yet also possessed a slim frame too, looking more like a cross between multiple monsters at the same time with maybe a human head on top. And I think I could just about make out some sort of crown on the top of its head. Beyond that, I couldn't tell you more as it let out an unearthly sounding roar before the dreams changed again.

The next scene simply featured Porphyrion and Periboia - in their giant forms - standing in front of a massive tower that looked similar to the Empire State Building above which sat Olympus. But looking the sign placed next to it - a primitive wooden sign, but a sign nevertheless - in the stormy dark weather surrounding the place with no other buildings near here, a flash of lightning enabled me to see the sign said "Tower Of The Giants" on it.

"At last.." Porphyrion stated in a very deep voice that felt eerily similar to the voice of Darth Vader. "The tower of the giants is complete. From here, we can use this to revive our siblings for our final chance to conquer everything once Gaea and her replacements for me, you, and Enceladus have been taken care of."

Before Periboia could even reply, the dream changed again, but in that brief piece of communication from Porphyrion, I learned something. Enceladus, the bane of Athena, had joined them and gone basically rogue.. and Gaea with the help of Tartarus had - or would sire Giants to replace them, evidentially showing that Gaea was displeased with three of her giants going rogue like this. But still, it didn't explain why Porphyrion wanted the power of the Monster King inside me, if it even existed, so badly. It made zero sense at all honestly.

The third one was simply that of a single image. It was that of me standing in front of a snake in human form with a sword in its hand.. in what looked like Tartarus. It wasn't a Scythian Dracanae, no.. like I said, it was an actual snake but in completely human form, no joke. It was unnerving and weird to say the least about this particular dream, but something told me that this image wouldn't be the last time I encountered whoever stood before me.