XXXIV. Never Tell Me The Odds (Or That You Can Predict What Will Happen)

(A/N: And yeah.. the conditions the rest of the Battle Of Manhattan will be taking place under have been set. I was not kidding when I said that this was going to be more painful for the Titan Army than in canon. Hope you enjoyed the entrances of many of the Wardens in the last chapter, and the identity of at least one of our mysterious heralds! You'll be meeting the rest.. soon enough.

Also, Star Wars reference in the title to Episode V "The Empire Strikes Back" where Han Solo tells C-3PO "Never tell me the odds". In addition, references to TMNT Season 5 Episode 5 "Beginning Of The End" in the opening to this chapter.. plus a scenery reference to cartoon lighting of the show in storm and night scenes in general. Plus, another shout-out to Morro11 , -JASONSGRACE , and Imaginebooks plus TsarinaTorment, TheTimeTraveler24, Askinar-The-Dark and others for characters that I included in here plus inspiration for chapters. Your works are all totally amazing indeed.

Plus, I am using the Last Olympian Graphic Novel for part of this chapter. Plus three chapters left until the climactic climax of this arc, can't wait!)

- — - — - — - — -

Once again, I had visions that night - though much like Kayla, I basically had a good night's rest. As to the visions themselves, unlike past nights where it was like three, four, five, and maybe sometimes up to seven visions in one night, this time.. there was just two.

The first one started off with a date.

No, an actual date in right in front of my face just after I fell asleep.

August 13th, 2009 (what he sees in front of his face)

So I knew that this was at least two days ago.

The date disappeared and it was dark for a moment again before the scene opened to reveal what seemed to be evening in what could arguably be described as something similar to where Typhon had met me and Kayla after we had blacked out the other time. It was also different too.

The sky was red, as were the clouds which moved across the sky in an almost cartoonish fashion. The moon seemed to be colored in a more orange to yellow kind of light, as a shadow started to creep over and cover the side of the moon I could see. The scene shifted over to a mountain covered at the top in what seemed like the ruins of an ancient fortress, similar in a couple of ways to Mount Othrys, the fortress of the Titans - from what Percy had described - yet again also different as well.

Then, an unfamiliar voice spoke up as lightning flashed in the sky, followed by a rather volume-limited as if this was on TV boom of thunder. "It is written in both the skies and the books.." said an ominous, yet strangely and somehow familiar voice.. which was weird, since I had never heard this voice in my life.

Also.. books? What books? This was already confusing and those words made it even more so. Another voice chimed in now as if like a camera, the screen zoomed in from a distance at the ancient ruins.

"The six shall bring forth the dawn of a new age and set forth the heroes of the modern age on their journey to their birthright."

Standing on six elevated circles slightly taller than the rest of what they were on, all in a circle made of stone in the ruins, were six figures all in Greek armor. The thing about these six figures were wearing a set of armor each made out of a different element. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Darkness, and Light.

The creepy part about them was that.. their eyes were all blood red - literally their whole eye - both of them - was just blood red. It was unnerving for me to observe honestly.