XXXVI. The Final Pieces Fall Into Place

Alternative Chapter Title: The Grand Warden (+ 2 other Wardens) Rampages Through Manhattan, Part Two

(A/N: One chapter left before the part you've all been waiting for - Chapter 38! Words cannot express how much I can't wait to be writing that chapter. Like, I really can't wait. But yeah.. I still got a day and a half of content to write prior to getting into the events of August 18th, so enjoy the rest of the 16th of August.

Also, I think I lied when I said that there was only going to be one reference to Scooby Doo. Enjoy one more here too, thanks. Plus once again references to Master Splinter's nightmare involving the Tengu Shredder and his hellish horse from TMNT 2003 Season Five - specific reference to TMNT Season Five Episode 11 "Past and Present" at the very end of this chapter by the way.

As always, mentions to -JASONSGRACE , Imaginebooks , TheTimeTraveler24, TsarinaTorment, and other users for helping inspire me to write some of these chapters through their own fanfics.

Special shout-out here to AO3 user phoenix_flying, from who I use their OC Theo, a child of Apollo, for his final appearance in the story. Yes, he'll meet his fate here. Don't feel too sorry for this demigod though, because in their fanfic "A Different Vessel" in which Jason not Luke hosts Kronos and Luke's demigod crew decides to switch sides and help the Olympians, Theo stays with Kronos simply because inside, the dude is a psychopath who is both a manipulator and a hidden bloodthirsty maniac who despite being the nicest person on the outside, wanted his siblings dead and joined the Titans literally to only kill people. So while his death may seem brutal (minor spoilers here), it's justified. Totally justified.

Also another shout-out here to another AO3 user Kianlon for their one-shot fanfic "They Will Stop Degrading Us", centered around how the Ares Cabin responds to Clarisse not wanting to take part in the Battle Of Manhattan.

Plus, as to what Abyssling is, this warden of air is based off of the Wakumi, a bird monster that appeared in the Season Two episode "New Mexico, Old Monster" from What's New Scooby Doo and is itself based of a similar monster from legend. Like I said, there will be a couple more references here.. because it helps add the layer that this isn't just Greek monsters that responded to the Heralds' call to action.

Plus, at the bottom is probably at least a hint as to the reaction of what's eventually going to go down. Anyways, enjoy!)

Previously On Heart Pierced:

"Mega-Asterios, the Grand Warden.." spoke the voice of Cháris, the fire herald. Colton and everyone else turned behind them. There, hovering 20 feet in the air near what was apparently Mega-Asterios and the five headed dog from the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel, were the six heralds.. all gazing with a smug smirk on their faces at the units of the Titan Army below them.

"..Baku, devour-er of hopes.. and Abyssling, son of the Wakumi.." Cháris continued. "..heed the wish of your king. Leave nothing of this part of Kronos' army breathing!" The fire herald pointed directly at the Titan Army.

Both Mega-Asterios and Baku let out earth shattering, fear intensifying roars and both took a few monstrous steps forward, crushing the earth beneath them to make intense and intimidating footprints in the ground just as Abyssling let out a shriek and dove straight down into the fray. What followed, none of the Olympian forces who fought there - not even Percy Jackson - were even the same after this day was over.

Starting from where the end of last chapter left off..

- — - — - — - — - Colton's POV - — - — - — - — -
Nightfall
August 16th, 2009