32. Caves Of Crystal Energy

Dedicated to ROZI234pp

The ship had set sail almost immediately after they had all arrived. The civies who had been left under the care of Admiral Basinger had been evacuated to another ship which had also set sail, but to a location where they would be taken to safe haven, a government facility in another country, the details of which were not provided.

»»-----------¤-----------««

Naica, Chihuahua, Mexico

"Hidden deep within the tunnels of a small Mexico town, in local mines where silver and zinc are extracted from the earth, miners discovered an anomaly that would shock the nations.

Disbelief and in some cases, unbelief that the existence of something so extraordinary was real prevailed until the photo images were presented to the world and, scientists began to flock to the area to witness it for themselves.

A cavern so huge it had to be prehistoric, so unreal it had to be seen to be understood and was revealed to house crystal towers so huge they defied the mind. Common men were dwarfed by the size of them.

This cave of wonders would become an instant destination for geologists from every corner of the world. It would also become the destination for someone, or something else. Something that needed the energy provided by such ancient relics.

Authorities off the coast of California on the Island of Catalina have reported the presence of unidentified flying objects for years. Catalina is only a thousand miles from the cave of Naica and its giant crystals. This is why Chihuahua is the epicenter of this invasion, people."

The Brazilian General clicked his laptop and brought up a map of the area of topic.

He stepped away from the podium and addressed everyone in the tight room below decks in the Naval vessel where Reese, his men and James and his small group of survivors had been gathered for the briefing.

"However, the affected areas remain to be the entire coastal regions of the Southern United States and South America.

»»-----------¤-----------««

They had, with the help of the Brazilian troops made it through the tunnels and to the coast and placed aboard the USS Denney. They were given a meal and the time to clean up and given clothing and a place to sleep. And now, they were finally being given answers.

Answers others had not been so privileged to receive.

They were here for the energy resources. And in the mind of the General who addressed them, they had been accessing it for a very, long, time. As time passed, his government realized they had become emboldened or involved in literal space wars with other civilizations all wanting to lay claim to this resource they hadn't found anywhere but earth. And earth had not been prepared or ready for the full on invasive appearance. In spite of all their knowledge and study, they just had not prepared for this eventuality. He ended by saying this was now their reality. When and if they would beat the intrusion remained to be seen but expected complete compliance from every able-bodied person available. Then the Admiral of the USS Denney addressed them, and asked if they were willing to sign on as soldiers in this new war.