Chapter 26

Warning: Chapter is a little steamy…. It isn’t too much, but two characters do get a little naughty ;) You’ve been warned.

Chapter 26

Damien Gray

“Everything is looking good,” I said.

Sebastian and I had taken over the rounds for most of the day. Ever since the pack saw my wings, I’d been flying more out in the open.

I liked that I didn’t have to go so far to be able to stretch out my wings. It also felt good that I didn’t have to hide what I was anymore. Keeping my wings a secret had been second nature to me.

It wasn’t until I had the freedom to actually let them out whenever I wanted that I realized how tiring it had been to keep my wings hidden all the time.

The idea of hiding them now scared me.

Although Sebastian had messed around most of the flight, we had been keeping tabs on everything around the land. I couldn’t get over how big Mountain Peak territory was, even though the space wasn’t for too many people.

“No Rogues or trespassers,” Sebastian shrugged, just as we landed in the back patio of the mansion.

“You’re leaving?”

“I’m going to pick up Tania,” he replied, while slipping on the black t-shirt he’d left outside.

“Alright,” I said, making my way inside.

“Laters,” Sebastian waved.

“I have a meeting with Wayne in an hour,” I called after him, bringing him to a halt.

“Do I need to be present?”

Sebastian had been there every time Wayne called me for a meeting, and we had been having one almost every day.

“You might want to know what we discuss, but I can update you later at night.”

Sebastian wasn’t going to be happy. I already knew what Wayne wanted, and it was something that had upset me the moment he brought it up.

“Cool, I’ll see you later,” Sebastian said, as he rounded the corner of the mansion.

“You know that won’t be possible,” I told Wayne, shaking my head.

We had been in the meeting room at the pack building for almost fifteen minutes, while Wayne tried to convince me to let allow daughter Lilly into our territory. There were a few problems with allowing Lilly to enter Mountain Peak land.

Lilly was mated to a Wolf named John, who Wayne told me was Dylan’s third in command. Dylan, Alpha of Midnight Moon and the Wolf Layton, Zeverus, Sebastian, and I were going to fight very soon. There was no way I could allow them into the pack, yet I had Wayne practically begging me for it.

“Lilly hasn’t visited in quite some time, Damien. You have to understand that she is still my daughter.”

“When Anthony was alive you said that the pack came first. This subject was brought up and you assured him that Mountain Peak would be your priority,” I reminded him.

“Things have changed,” he said.

“How so?” I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

I felt the tension building up in my body. My wings wanted out and I had the urge to growl at Wayne. Sebastian was right— I had been hanging out too much with the Wolves.