Chapter 28

John- Dylan's third in command. Lilly- John's mate and Wayne's daughter.

Chapter 28

Damien Gray

“Damien!”

Wayne’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts. When I looked up, I found him staring at me worriedly.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” I stated, and took the stapled sheets he was passing me.

“I called you three times. You’ve been distracted all morning,” he told me.

“I’m fine,” I repeated.

Wayne shook his head, but he didn’t question me about it. I appreciated that. I’d seen Sebastian already, and he hadn’t stopped bothering me about the state I was in. I hadn’t told him what happened between Emilia and me, but he was going to find out eventually.

“Alright, well, did you decide anything?”

“You already know my thoughts on it. I know that Lilly is your daughter. She can come here, but John isn’t welcome.”

“John isn’t going to let Lilly step foot into Mountain Peak without him,” Wayne said, looking stressed out.

“What if I let him in? Would it be just him? And if that were the case, does John think that if I really wanted to hurt Lilly, he would be able to stop me?”

Wayne growled, and took a few steps towards me.

“Lilly is my daughter,” he said, threateningly.

“I know, and I’m not going to touch her. But John seems to think that we’re going to hurt her. All I’m saying is that if I let him in, it’s very doubtful he could overpower us,” I rephrased.

“Then why don’t you let them in? If you think he isn’t any danger, let him through with my daughter.”

Wayne had used my own words against me. It was smart— I had to give him that. I was too tired to think properly. I hadn’t gotten any sleep the previous night.

After what happened with Emilia, I’d taken off. I slept— or attempted to sleep on the couch in one of the conference rooms. I couldn’t stop thinking about Emilia’s words.

I wanted to mate with her. She didn’t want to mate until I claimed her. In order to claim her, I had to accept to having a baby. It was a circle that was driving me insane.

I hadn’t been able to sleep and I hadn’t been able to think about anything else but that.

I wanted Emilia. It had taken me a while to come to grips with the fact that I wanted her more than I had ever wanted anything or anybody. But I wasn’t sure I wanted to sacrifice the little freedom I had left.

Taking over the pack was taking a lot out of me. I hadn’t prepared for it, like most of the other Alphas had. I was learning how things worked so late in the game. I was barely learning how to be an Alpha, even when I wasn’t a Wolf.

All sorts of thoughts kept running through my mind, and most of them confused me more than the one before.

“Damien!” Wayne called again, bringing me out of my thoughts for what seemed like the hundredth time.

“Are we done here?” I asked, getting up from the seat.

I felt anxious. I needed to go outside. My wings wanted out. I wanted to fly, far away from pack territory. I needed to clear my mind, and I was too close to Emilia to do so.