Chapter 15

If you read In Between Two Alphas, you will recognize the new characters. If you haven't read it, there is no need to be confused. I explain everything. In case I don't, it will get explained in the next chapters.

Cassidy on the side:) Some of you will already recognize her.

Chapter 15

Damien Gray

‘You’re a Legen.’

The girl standing in front of me had said that. I didn’t imagine it. At least, I didn’t think I had.

I wasn’t sure how much time passed between my landing and the silence that had settled between us.

I stared at her, while silent tears continued to roll down her cheeks. She was smiling or laughing, shaking her head and making her long hair resettle differently.

It only served to throw her scent my way. I didn’t understand why she was calling to me. She seemed familiar, just like Sebastian did.

The thought of him reminded me that I had been about to answer his call.

When I looked down at my hands, where my phone should have been, I realized that somehow I’d managed to crush it.

The phone was broken into tiny pieces and the glass from the screen had cut into my hand.

“You’re hurt,” The girl said when she noticed my bloodied hand holding the broken fragments of the phone.

“It’s okay, I’ll-” I stopped myself before finishing that thought.

“Heal?” She finished for me.

I swallowed audibly, not knowing whether to admit that I would indeed heal. She had recognized me, she knew what I was. Admitting to healing hardly seemed like a big deal if she already knew I was a Legen.

I nodded, and she returned her attention back to my hand.

I stood frozen in place when she closed the distance between us. Her attention was on my wounded hand. When she reached out to touch me, I was about to pull away.

For some reason, I couldn’t bring myself to actually move from her.

When our hands came into contact, an electric energy began flowing between us. I couldn’t describe the sensation, but I could feel myself smiling over it. It was almost like I got recharged and the tiredness I had felt before was no longer there.

The next thing that happened was something I hadn’t been expecting.

A pair of white wings fluttered from her back.

“You’re a Legen too?” I breathlessly asked her, pulling my hand away from her.

Her expression fell when we lost contact. It looked like I’d offended her somehow.

“I didn’t know there were more of us,” I told her, trying to amend my action.

“I didn’t either,” she said, the smile returning to her lips.

“This is really cool,” she told me, before completely closing the distance between us.

Her arms wrapped around my neck. I instinctively wrapped my arms around her waist. The energy I had felt before tripled with our embrace.