Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Damien Gray

“Wake up!” Sebastian shouted, while shaking me.

Emilia was sleeping right next to me, and she sat up looking startled. Her hair was all over the place, and she was still out of it.

“It’s already seven,” Sebastian said.

I could smell his minty fresh breath blowing across my face from how close he was to me, so I shoved him away.

He was showered and dressed. I wouldn’t put it past him if he’d eaten breakfast already.

“You really need to learn boundaries,” I told him.

Just then, Luke came strolling into the room, barking playfully.

“Hey Luke,” I said, patting the spot in between my legs for him to jump up.

“I really regret giving him that horrid name,” Sebastian commented, as he picked up Luke from the floor and threw him onto the bed.

The puppy, which was looking slightly taller than when we first got him, landed between Emilia and me.

“No need to curse the name just for one asshole named Luke,” I remarked, scratching the pup’s head.

“You two, seriously?” Emilia complained, before lying back on the bed and throwing the comforter over her head.

Sebastian laughed at that, and he started tugging on it.

“Not a morning person, ay?” He asked her, his voice fully amused as he kept fighting her for the comforter.

“Come on, leave her alone,” I told Sebastian.

I climbed out the bed, and stretched, feeling my muscles relax. I had slept for too long.

“We’re going to be late,” Sebastian told me, before he jumped into the spot I had emptied. “Hey, maybe Emilia wants to stay here and cuddle with me,” he said, tightly wrapping his arm over Emilia’s stomach, which was covered by the comforter.

I broke out laughing when Emilia jumped out of the bed, clumsily. If it weren’t for her heightened reflexes, which were a bit fuzzy in the morning, she would’ve planted on the floor.

“I’m up!” Emilia snapped at Sebastian.

“Finally, I was starting to think you liked my idea,” he said, winking at her.

I rolled my eyes at him, and headed for the closet.

“You’re not my type,” I heard Emilia say while I was searching for clothes.

“And Damy is? He’s looks just like me,” Sebastian added with a chuckle.

“He’s my mate,” Emilia flatly replied.

“So if he wasn’t your mate, you wouldn’t want him?”

“Of course I would! He’s different, and not just because he’s my mate. He just is,” Emilia quickly defended, and continued to mumble a few other incoherent words to herself.

I chuckled at her quick reply, and the angry blush that was growing in her face.

Sebastian left the room soon after that, leaving Emilia alone in bed. A light shade of pink was still coating her face.

“You’re going to school from here?”

“Yeah, I don’t want to be late. My dad said I have to go, but we need to go back to the pack right after school.”