Chapter 31

Note: If you are only reading Heavenly Poison (and not In Between Two Alphas or The Alpha Meets The Rogue/The Alpha Meets His Match) then this is the official ending.

Chapter 31

Damien Gray

“Do you think they will find this set up strange?” Emilia asked, but she was grinning at me.

“Na, they’ll probably be having a party with this,” I replied, while wrapping my arm around her waist.

They were about to cross the line into our territory, and Wayne was escorting them in.

John had insisted so much on bringing two Wolves with him, to the point where I grew tired of saying no. Against my wishes, he was actually bringing the pack’s Beta and another Wolf for protection. Wayne had made the arrangements.

Even though both John and his Alpha tried to speak to me, I had refused. Emilia warned me that refusing their call made me look weak. Her words made me smile. It was exactly what I was aiming for.

I had Wayne’s word that he wasn’t going to say anything about Sebastian and me. Layton had thrown a fit when I told him that some of the members of Dylan’s pack were coming into Mountain Peak Territory. It was a call that lasted two hours, where Layton offered to send Wolves into my territory to keep an eye on things.

He didn’t trust the sudden interest they were showing in our pack. In the past, when other packs had broken up or when Wolves wanted to join packs, Midnight Moon was a preferred option. Dylan and his pack prided themselves in the privilege because they were the biggest and known as the strongest pack in the entire country.

Layton told me it could all be a plot to sweet talk Emilia and me into joining their pack, something I wasn’t going to do. I wasn’t going to give the pack away to anyone— not anymore.

Emilia was smiling up at me. She snuggled closer to my chest, almost pressing herself in front of me. She felt small in my arms, even though I knew what she was capable of. Her Wolf alone was bigger than me, and that was saying a lot, since she was a female.

“I think we should mess with them,” Sebastian said, making his way towards us.

He had a grin on his face. I shook my head at him, knowing that he probably had something in mind.

“Don’t try anything,” I told him, even though I was smiling. “I want them to think I’m a human.”

Sebastian rolled his eyes at me, and came to stand by my side. Randy was a few steps away, and he was grinning at Sebastian.

“I think you should try something,” Randy said, nodding at Sebastian’s idea.

“See, Randy agrees,” Sebastian said, ruffling Randy’s hair.

Randy growled at him, but he had a playful expression on his face.

“I’m not even going to hang out with them. Wayne is going to present them to Emilia and me, and then they’ll leave to his house. He’s hosting them,” I told Sebastian.

“Why am I here then?”

I shrugged, and Emilia chuckled at his words.

“As if you would stay away from Damien while strange Wolves were visiting,” she told him.

“Hey, I just like to be cautious,” he shrugged.

Our conversation came to a stop when we caught sight of a black SUV and a white sports car making their way towards us.