Still in the ocean of lies

"Clyde, why are you so concerned about her? She's not even your daughter!" Auntie Angelic, Melissa's mother, exclaimed. "You forcefully made Melissa befriend her for her recovery, and I accepted it. So, why are you accusing Melissa for not staying with her before her kidnapping?" Clyde's Auntie continued to shout.

Angelic Johnson Smith, a middle-aged woman with an obsession for jewelry, is the epitome of a gold digger. She has even taken the term "gold digger" to the next level by becoming a "diamonds digger." Angelic has never liked Diana ever since she first saw her, but seeing how much their nephew loves her, she tried to tolerate her.

POV Angelic Smith

Since that girl's disappearance, everyone in this house has lost their peace. They are all worried about that stranger. I can't even understand how someone can like a girl like her. She has no class and always dresses like a homeless person. She doesn't wear any jewelry at all. She's just disgusting. "Ange, Diana is also your daughter. She is the princess of this family. Why do you seem so unconcerned?" Clyde asked with disdain in his voice. "Oh, Clyde, stop it. Never compare that girl to my family. That homeless girl can never be a part of our grand family. Besides, you know my status is way higher than all of you here, so stop comparing a bike to a plane," Mrs. Smith said.

"And stop accusing my daughter of not being with that bastard. They are completely different," she said before asking Melissa to come with her. "But, Mom," Melissa tried to speak before her mother grabbed her hand and dragged her outside.

Somewhere in New York City:

"Hello, mon amour. I brought you some food," Mark exclaimed with a radiant smile on his face. "What? Food? In bed?" Diana questioned herself, visibly surprised. "Are you not satisfied, babe?" Mark asked, pretending to be disappointed. "No, no. I'm just surprised, also I feel like everything is new to me," Diana uttered, expressing her apologies. "Don't worry, amour. I'll make every moment special for you," Mark said with a melodious voice trying to seduce her "O..ok,' she said, feeling embarrassed.As Mark watched the girl eat, a warm feeling engulfed his heart. He found her incredibly cute and beautiful. Lost in thought, his phone suddenly rang.

During a telephonic conversation:

"Hello, boss. They have discovered Diana's whereabouts and are about to go to the Johnson's," informed Mark's right-hand man."Okay, let them go. Keep tracking them and inform me about every step they take," commanded Mark before ending the call.

Diana, who was busy eating and seated at a distance, didn't hear Mark's conversation naturally.

"Babe, do you need anything from me?" Mark asked."Yes, can you explain who I am, where my home is, where my family is, and why we are living together before marriage?" she inquired. Overwhelmed by her questions, Mark momentarily lost his words but quickly regained composure and replied, "You are Diana Brown. You are 19 years old, you had attended school but stopped before high school due to some events that happened in your life, you are currently homeless. Your mother passed away five years ago, and your father had an accident two years ago, which caused him to fall into a deep coma. You are living with me because you have no home. Your father was an alcoholic and gambler, so he lost everything, including your house. I suggested you come live with me, and you accepted. That's a brief summary of your story," Mark said, feigning sincerity.