Promise

I woke up to find myself alone.
"Bax?" I mumbled.
I lifted my head, his shoes were gone. Slowly I unzipped the tent to be met by the sound of the others talking, but I couldn't hear Bax's voice, the only voice I wanted to hear. I yawned, when suddenly, I heard my name.
Poppy: "Summer!"
She came rushing towards me.
Poppy: "Summer, come on! Everyone is already heading down to the beach!"
"Oh, shit!" I laughed. "Okay, I'll meet you down there, just let me get ready!"
Poppy: "Okay, hurry though, Elo's pissed!"

I quickly got changed into my bikini, in my tent. then put my wetsuit over the top, letting it sit at my waist. I unzipped my tent. Oh, my, God! There was a surfboard lying on the grass, it was the one me and Baxter had worked on! I couldn't accept that..

I grabbed my own board from the rack and jogged down to the beach.

Everyone was stood on the beach, but I caught up to Baxter as he approached the others.
"Ah, just the person I was looking for!"
Baxter: "There you are." He sighed. "You were looking for me?"
"No. I was looking for the other hot, pink haired surfer boy." I said, sarcastically.
Baxter: "You think I'm hot?"
"Shut up." I laughed, playfully pushing his chest.
Baxter: "You think I'm hot." He repeated.
"Was that not obvious?" I joked.
He shrugged, as he laughed.
"Considering I kissed you twice.."
Baxter: "Yeah, but I initiated both of them."
"Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to initiate the next one?"
He just smirked.
I just stared up at him.
Baxter: "I love the way you say next one.."
I rolled my eyes as I smiled.

We then walked into the middle of the group.
Baxter found himself near Ari, who Wren suddenly appeared next to.
Wren: "Hey! I went to your tent last night and you weren't there. Should I be worried or just humiliated?"
Ari: "No, neither. Um... I was just a bit wired up after that purge thing." He said, eyeing me. "So I went for a walk."
Wren: "In the dark?"
Ari: "Well, I had my head torch."
Elo: Alright, girls, let's gear up for pairs training! I want Summer and Poppy verse Wren and Bodhi.
Wren and Ari continued to talk, I held Baxter's muscular arm, pulling him away from them slightly so we could talk.
"So, when I woke up there was this dope board outside my tent." I smiled.
He smirked, as he looked down at me.
Baxter: "You like it?"
"I'm sorry. I can't take it, Bax." I sighed. "It's too much."
Baxter: "It's alright, you can always donate it." He joked.
"I'm serious, Bax. I can't take it." I said, placing my hands on his chest. "Just take it back, it's yours."
Baxter: "Yeah." He nodded. "And I'm giving it to you. It's called a gift, I don't know if you have those back in London." He smiled.
"Bax!"
Baxter: "Just take it, please, Summer.. I made it just for you.."
"Fine.." I sighed. "But it better bring me good luck!" I teased.

Elo: "Then for the boys, I want Griff and Tommy, verse Bax and Ari."

Baxter placed his hand on my lower back, as we re approached Ari, who was now alone again.
Baxter: "Howdy, partner. Let's talk about the game plan, okay? Do you want to go first, or are you more of a finisher?"
Oh god, I knew where this was going..
Baxter: "'Cause I can't tell which tent you're in these days."
Ari: "Oh, mate, last night, me and Summer just had some stuff to work out." He said, pointing to me.
Baxter: "Mate, Summer's already talking to someone, and hint, it's not you."
Ari didn't respond.
Baxter: "But if you don't tell Wren what's going on, I'll go first."
I huffed.
"Come on." I said, placing my hand on Bax's arm. "I need to wax my board."
He nodded at me. He took one last glance at Ari before walking away with me.

As I was waxing my board, Baxter sat next to me, Elo started to speak again.
Elo: "The first riders are out there to make a statement - to dominate the break and psych out their rivals. They wanna get the best score they can, as fast as they can. Now, second riders, you need to stay cool and trust that your partners will not leave you hanging."