Suck it up

⚠️ Disclaimers: I know in the show they travel by plane to get to nationals but for this I'm just going to say they travel by car and a ferry.
For the rooms I have changed the layout and added furniture.

Quite quickly, we pulled up at the house and the officer escorted me to the door. Abbie answered and quickly ushered me and the officer inside.
Everyone gathered in the kitchen as the officer explained what had happened, at least what he thought had happened.
"So, I'll leave her with you. I'll just have to follow it up with the owner. You'll be lucky if he doesn't press charges." The officer said.
Abbie: "Thank you. And I'm so sorry for the trouble. We know the owner. He's a friend of Thommo's." She said as she led him out,

Abbie: "I'll help board up the window in the morning."
I sighed, as I leaned against one of the counters.
Ari: "Well, I assume you're not going to Nationals, so you can help."
"I know." I replied, lifting myself up and sitting on the counter.
Honey: "What?! She has to go! Come on. Mum, who doesn't wanna throw a rock at Wren's face?" She said from the table.
"I would've preferred a brick." I added.
Honey: "Amen." She added, a cheeky smile appearing on her face.
Ari: "According to your mother, you are dangerously close to going to boarding school. In Florida."
"Florida!? Like Florida, Florida, in America?!"
Abbie: "Ari." She sighed.
"Wait, you've spoken to my mum?!"
Abbie sighed again.
Abbie. "Okay, let's talk about this in the morning. Come on. Bedtime." She said, ushering Honey to her feet and leading her to her room, leaving just me and Ari in the kitchen.

He stared at me, giving me that look.
"It's just one comp." I shrugged.
Ari: "That you came halfway across the world for. Summer, what are you doing?"
"Well, there's not exactly much left for me here in Shorehaven, is there, Ari? I might as well go to Florida." I shrugged.
He didn't reply.
"I'm going to call my mum." I told him. "I'm gonna see about going back England."
Ari: "For good?" He questioned.
"Maybe not for good." I said, remembering the look on Baxter's face, just 10 minutes ago.

I couldn't leave Baxter.. so maybe I wouldn't go back to England after all..

The next morning, me and Abbie were in the garage, moving one of my art pieces from last night, off of the easel. We had decided to give it to the surf shop as a way of apologising.
Abbie: "You painted this?" She asked.
I nodded.
Abbie: "This is really cool, Summer. If they have any taste, they'll keep it in the surf shop for good."
"Stop being so nice to me, Abbie. I stole your punch." I sighed.
Abbie: "Sorry. Not my kid to punish." She shrugged.
I smiled, slightly.
Abbie: "Plus you're doing a pretty good job at punishing yourself. I saw the CCTV from the surf shop." She paused. "Poppy's lucky to have a friend like you."
"Thanks, Abbie." I smiled. "But Poppy's where she's meant to be. And soon I'll be too if I can book some tickets already." I sighed.
Abbie shook her head.
Abbie: "You're not going anywhere, but nationals, Summer."
"What?" I asked, quickly.
Abbie: "They haven't got on the ferry yet."
"I'll never make it in time." I said shaking my head.
Abbie: "Summer, they're probably only on their way to go get Poppy, if you get on your board now, I think you might still make it."
"Abbie.."
Abbie: "Summer, you can't miss this. You have spent months working your ass off for this competition, and now you're not even gonna go?"
I sighed.
"I don't know, Abbie.. Elo won't want me there after last night."
Abbie: "What Elo doesn't know, can't hurt her."
"Wait, she doesn't know?"
Abbie shook her head, no.
Abbie: "Summer, if you really love surfing, don't let anyone get in your way. You have worked so hard. You deserve to be there at Nationals. And I'm pretty sure your friends would agree with me."
I immediately wrapped my arms around Abbie.
"Thank you." I whispered.
Abbie: "You can thank me after you get on that ferry, now go! Go get your bags, get on your skateboard and get to Poppy's house, before it's too late."
I nodded quickly.
"Okay." I said rushing out of the shed. "Thank you Abbie! I love you!" I called back to her, I heard her laugh.
I rushed into the empty house, Thommo had taken Honey out for the day and Ari was the first to get collected by Elo, Wren and Baxter.