Chapter 09 - Is It Wrong to Be a King Mage Cosplay?

Chapter Size: 1901 Words.

Lucius POV

Guild.

I was at the guild with Rose, going through all the necessary paperwork to officially become a member of the Hestia family. Once I finished, I didn't need to spend much time with her since my information was already registered.

Afterward, I went to the crystal exchange section to sell my loot. I was pleased with the result after the attendant counted my stock. If an adventurer makes three thousand valis a day at their peak of level 01, I managed to make 6,000 in 3 hours, an exceptional result. I didn't even take a break, as adventurers often do at higher levels while hunting monsters. I also sold some of the crystals back to the system.

[Author's Note: I'm establishing my own economy in this universe, considering how Bell struggled in desperation when Mama Mia charged 800 valis after a day in the dungeon in one of the early episodes of the anime. I believe an adventurer at the peak of level 1 making 3,000 valis in 8 hours is a reasonable number. If you disagree, you can argue and try to change my mind in the comments.]

Now, leaving the guild, not without saying goodbye to Rose before I left, I headed to a tailor shop near the dungeon. It was a business that belonged to some god of parties or clothing; I wasn't sure. Still, it was a good shop, and one of the god's daughters attended to me perfectly. I placed a custom order for a cloak I designed for myself, a garment that I would use as my official symbol. I made sure to provide details such as a beautiful and expensive fabric, with insignias on a front collar and space for precious stones. Yes, I made this cloak to officially resemble the Mage King from Black Clover. Since I'm a mage with infinite mana, it's only fair that I copy his character's cloak, considering that I'm already a copy here. In my opinion, his attire is pretty cool!

I started talking dreamily to the woman after I saw the design. I said things like, "I want a soft and comfortable fabric with a perfect red hue that perfectly contrasts with the white fabric and has jewels that exude status and power..." This earned me a strange look from her, but I was too lost in my dreams to care about that.

My order cost me 50,000 valis, and I would pick it up in 5 days. It was a bit expensive because the fabric was of high quality, not to mention the precious jewels. In the future, I knew I would order an even better one for entering more hostile dungeon areas. The fabric I wanted for the future is Drake skin, which wouldn't burn or tear and would withstand even an attack from a level 6. But it costs almost 10 million valis, a material I could only obtain on the fiftieth floor if I could get it. I would save a lot of money because it's a scarce material that became even rarer after the fall of the Zeus and Hera families. Even Loki hasn't reached that floor yet.

"Maybe with Apollo's War Game, I can make a lot of money!" I mumbled as I left the store, thinking about profiting from future events.

To achieve that, I won't take Bell with me into the dungeon, or interfere in the MC's relationships here. However, I want to participate in the main events, even if it's just tweaking a story event here and there, until I become strong enough. After that, I will mess up the entire canonical story, even if I don't know it after the Xenos or Juggernaut events.

"Being with Bell attracts too much attention, of course, but I can also hide behind his growing image and fame. When people start paying attention to me, I will already be the strongest man in Orario," I thought with a laugh about my future.

"Freya, you'll lose the title of the strongest family to Hestia soon! HEHEHEHE," I grinned maniacally with that thought while I was back on the city center streets, but I didn't care about the looks I received.