Chapter 40 - Returning to the Surface.

[Chapter Size: 2585 Words.]
Lucius POV
Dungeon, Eighteenth Floor.

...

...

When I regained consciousness, I felt a strong headache. I was bandaged with cloths, as I could perceive, in various parts of my body. I lifted my head and saw Hestia sitting beside my bed, asking me about everything that had happened. I spoke to make her aware that I was conscious.

"Hestia?" I said calmly. She looked at me, widening her eyes in surprise after seeing me awake.

"LUCIUS-KUN!" She shouted, greeting me.

"How long?" I asked simply, it was the first thing I wanted to know.

"You were unconscious for 2 days!" She said.

"2 days unconscious..." I reflected.

I saw some empty vials next to the bed, healing potions that had been treating me during that time.

"I'm glad you're doing so well! We were so worried, and you were amazing facing that monster alone! We were relieved when you were brought back after seeing all that destruction," Hestia began to talk about the events that had occurred.

Without waiting any longer, I got up calmly after casting a healing spell to speed up my recovery and removed all the bandages. With Hestia giving me privacy, I dressed again in my traditional attire, after a spell to make it new and clean. I summoned my goblin again and left the tent with Riekling to the camp.

"Thank you, my friend. Without you, I think I would be dead now..." I couldn't help but thank my friend beside me.

"HEE," he said.

I wanted to rest more, but I wanted to see the others before anything else.

Since evolving to level 2, I hadn't had a normal night's sleep. The closest to a normal night was when I somehow slept drunk with Aphrodite.

"Lucius!" Welf shouted when he saw me coming out of the tent with Riekling and Hestia, attracting everyone's attention in the camp.

"Lucius-kun!"

"Lord Lucius!"

People greeted me as soon as they saw me.

"You were amazing, Lord Lucius, defeating one of those Goliaths alone. Not even the two level 4s here could do that!" said one of Aphrodite's girls.

"I was lucky to have a crystal on the ceiling because I believe I wouldn't survive otherwise. With Riekling's help, I would be in big trouble too," I said sincerely, pointing to my friend who helped me in such a difficult moment.

"But it was incredible. You even changed the landscape of the area!" said Hitachi Chigusa, a girl from Takemikazuchi's family next to Mikoto, pointing her finger at the landscape where the crystals fell.

Looking in the direction of her finger, I saw huge crystals on the ground. The Black Goliath was crushed with no chance of surviving, while I was hit by the impact of the fall, injuring me and causing me to lose consciousness as I flew to the opposite side.

'I hope there are no issues with the guild because of this, right? Like, it was a matter of survival,' I thought, cautious about any fines the guild might impose on Hestia. I hate debts above almost everything!

"At least I left my mark, didn't I?" I said jokingly, as everyone would see the change in the landscape when passing by.

Turning my attention back to the group, people were looking at me with admiration. It was even strange, but I guess it's a normal consequence after what I was able to do.