Chapter 120 - Ares Familia..

[Chapter Size: 1500 Words.]
Third Person POV
Orario.

...

...

Lucius went to the front of the Tower of Babel where a meeting was taking place at that moment. Shakita was gathered with the family and aligned gods, there were many families, but the main ones were those of Ganesha and Freya, who stood with all their members in a corner.

Lucius approached through the air, and his presence was soon noticed. As he flew and landed near them, he walked past the adventurers and went to the guild's employees.

Royman Mardeel was standing on a platform. He looked at Lucius, as always, not with kind eyes towards the mage.

"I was summoned to come here, how can I assist?" Lucius asked the man beside his employees as everyone watched.

"Lucius Drakenar... Yes, we requested your presence to assist in the defense of the city. We would like you to go outside the city with the Freya family to help delay Ares' troops," he commented.

"Fufufu. It seems we will work together... Lucius-kun, or should I say, mage king," Freya said in her usual tone.

Lucius looked at her and saw several members of her family for the first time, meeting them. "I suppose so..." Lucius commented casually, maintaining the same cool demeanor he always has with Freya.

However, the members of the goddess's family looked at him with blood in their eyes as if they were going to fight against Lucius and not against Ares and his army. Clearly, they did not like Freya interacting with Lucius, much less that Lucius seemed to snub her in front of everyone.

Heith, with her red hair alongside the family members, also looked at Lucius angrily, even though she already knew how Lucius acted with her Goddess, as had happened at Apollo's banquet. Ottar was the only one who kept his composure, and Lucius shrugged if he had just irritated the most powerful family in Orario, maybe this would earn him another nickname.

They continued to discuss with the present and summoned families, most would stay within the walls to deal with the panic or any unforeseen event that occurred.

"With this, I count on all of you to protect this city," Royman commented, and Lucius turned specifically to Ottar.

"I will just do my job and defeat the army, I hope not to follow any orders. So, goodbye." Lucius commented, before disappearing and appearing in the sky heading to the area where Ares was marching.

"That guy, he's so arrogant! I should break all his bones!" Allen Fromel looked at Luffy while growling.

"What should I do, Freya-Sama?" Ottar asked his goddess.

"Let him do what he wants. Fufufufu, I find this mortal so intriguing..." She commented.

Lucius was in the sky over Orario, looking at the large army approaching from a distance, 30,000 soldiers.

"Should I just attack them?" Lucius questioned. "No, let's wait for them to get closer, it might be more fun this way than launching a surprise attack." Lucius murmured, he wasn't afraid, regardless of how he acted, Ares would face a crushing defeat by Freya's own family.

It didn't take long for the army to form up near the city walls an hour later while Lucius was reading a book by Riveria in the sky.

"Hahahahahaha! Orario, the city we will conquer!" Ares announced with a pose.

The members of Freya's family were silent on the other side. "Hm? It seems we have some people to welcome us! What do we have here, if not the Freya family! Hahahahaha!" He started laughing, seeing the adventurers in front of the Wall.