Chapter 5

Jiang Cheng was in a bossy mood. He stood in front of Master Lan, hands firmly on his waist, chin tilted to the side, brows arched like a mantis' forelimbs.

Xichen was at ease, an innocent smile cutting across his perfect face. Given the height difference, he had to look down to make eye contact with his spouse. All Xichen wanted to do was tell Jiang Cheng how lovely he was in those bright robes. To profess his love for him over and over like the adoring husband he aspired to be.

Xichen's intentions were pure, but then an image of Jiang Cheng dishevelled with those same clothes fighting to stay on widened Xichen's grin. He dare not chuckle loudly to mess up the aura in the room. His husband wanted to scold him, he could tell.

Xichen had grown a strange habit. Whenever he smelled trouble from afar he would address Jiang Cheng differently. "Lord Jiang appears to be displeased. Is there anything I can do to water down your distress?" His love language was letting the other win for a moment. Then he, the loser, would swoop in and charm Jiang Cheng into submission.

Of course, Jiang Cheng was not joking, but even he was powerless against this man. "Muyun was only defending Gusu Lan. He did not deserve that backlash from you."

While his partner questioned his parenting skills, Xichen could not help but think of how frightening Jiang Cheng was when furious. Frighteningly cute.

"I understand your point. However, talking back at elders is disrespectful," Xichen said. "If Jiang Wangheng keeps this up, he will be targeted by thos clan heads."

"I dare anyone to come for my son?" Jiang Cheng babbled like an angry cat. "Still, Xichen, you do not let people walk over my son when he exercises his potential."

"He is also mine, Lord Jiang. I care for him just as much as you do."

"Hmph! That's funny because you don't show it. You'd rather suck up those leaches than protect his integrity."

"I apologize," Xichen leapt into the awaited defeat.

"Why are you smiling like that? You're not having one of your unholy visions, are you?" Jiang Cheng got a hint of the situation as Xichen drew unhealthily close. So close he could hear Xichen's heartbeat. He spies at the door, and sure enough, it is locked.

"We agreed not to do this in Gusu, Huan," said Jiang Cheng, grinding his teeth at his partner.

"You suggested it, but I don't recall agreeing to that." Xichen's parted his lips, driving his tongue out like a serpent. It was a sealed deal when it touched his victim. Jiang Cheng's rebellion was as silent as chaff being blown by wind. In those fitting robes, Jiang Cheng groaned in a disorderly manner.

"Xichen, I'll stain these robes." Jiang Cheng put up a fake fight. His anger melts away like snow whenever Xichen gives him such looks. In his eyes, Jiang Cheng was a King, and Xichen was the jester who would go high and low to make him happy.

"If I strip you, we won't finish anytime soon. It's exciting when you hide from me." Xichen pinched Master Jiang through his clothes.

"Ngh!... But this position is a bit much." Jiang Cheng hated having his hands against the wall like a prisoner. It wasn't very comfortable for a man like him- standing on his toes, sticking out his behinds to take Xichen's gift.

"Does it hurt?" Xichen pulls out slowly, hauntingly waiting for a response.

"No, but...hic!" Jiang Cheng had to clench his teeth to manage the next thrust. A shudder ran through him, a hand carefully hooked around his neck.