Wren and Deathbringer meet

Disclaimer: all characters except mine are from Tui T Sutherland and not from me and the writing is from me

It was morning and the sun was set high up in the sky, gleaming at all the dragons and humans. Birds flew and cawed across the trees and the world seemed to be active all the time for all the leaves rustling in the wind, the flowers turning to the sunlight, small dragonets playing and wrestling each other except for maybe Sky and Wren. After they came back from Pantala, Tsunami swam them over the ocean while stopping to take some breaks at the islands. They found a cave in Sanctuary where they could stay and they barely did anything which was fine by Wren. Sky groaned about wanting to go outside and do something adventurous but the flashes of when Wren allowed him to go and he ended up becoming prisoner and almost getting killed by Burn appeared in her mind, she said no. It felt terrible to say it but it was for the sake of Sky and Wrens lives. However, sometimes she thought, 'Do i really want us to not contribute to anything? Do i want us to mope around and not do anything? What if there is something bad happening and we aren't helping?' That made Wren feel guilty. She also knew that they haven't seen another dragon in a week and Wren knew it was probably bad to isolate herself and Sky, however, Sky did live without seeing another dragon. Wren did actually get the feeling that he would probably want to see another species other than Wren because he may want to see his own kind sometimes. But that made Wren feel sad and guilty. Wren didn't want Sky to leave her for other dragons but she felt guilty for not allowing him to go see other dragons. "Can we go see a snail?" said Sky in their half dragon and half human language. There were more pros than cons about going outside but it made Wren feel a little nervous because something could happen to Sky like... when he was chained up. She felt sharp thorns impaling her heart making it hard to breathe. She shoved that thought away and she had to trust Sky. Sky had to make decisions for himself sometimes. She couldn't be too controlling or else something bad may happen if he rebels. 'Come on, Wren. You would trust yourself to go outside, now trust Sky,' she thought.
"Sure," Wren said, she felt the thorns go deeper into her heart. At least, Sky would be happy and that was the only thing she wanted but she also wanted Sky to be safe. She groaned in frustration. It was like two opposite ends of her mind were fighting against one another.
"Really?" Sky got up and bounced on his feet. "Let's go then! Ooh, i want to go to the rainforest. The rainwings aren't so bad, right? They have fruit too and maybe we can borrow some from them."
Wren felt like she was punched in the stomach. She remembered the rainwing section from one of the books she read. They were described for having venom and camouflage scales. That made Wren be afraid of them because the venom could probably kill dragons or humans along with the camouflage scales that make them stealthy. But she also saw that rainwings were lazy and were pacifists so maybe... they don't use their venom.
"Okay, Sky. We can go," she said solemnly. Sky stared at her with a spark in his eyes and he started towards the front door. "Just... uhm... don't do anything stupid. I mean... i trust you but please don't," Sky stopped, smiled and then nodded. She smiled back nervously. He came towards Wren and she jumped onto him, landing on his back. "Let's go, Sky!" exclaimed Wren, motioning for Sky to go. "To the rainforest!" Sky cried so loud that others from outside were looking at the cave they were in. Sky leaped into the sky.
During the flight, two thoughts ran through her mind,
'Is this the right thing to do? What if the rainwings aren't what we think?'
But it was too late to go back.

Deathbringer POV:
"Your majesty, i think i've seen two unknown dragons outside the rainforest. It seems like they're headed to it. What should we do about it?" Deathbringer asked Glory, bowing. He snuck a glance at her imposing stature. He loved seeing her and he could look at her for probably forever. He also felt a bit concerned for the two unknown dragons who could be here for killing his Queen, Glory and if she died, his whole life would crumple down and collapse. She was his love and his world would be lifeless without her. Since Icicle tried to kill Queen Glory, Deathbringer was afraid everything might be a threat now and then. "Don't tell me you want to kill them," said Glory, rolling her eyes. Deathbringer averted his gaze and sternly stared at the floor. The thoughts that came into his head were, 'How'd she know i'd want to do that again? I told her that I wouldn't do that ever again.' "Just interrogate them." Deathbringer nodded and said, "Yes, my queen." He stole a glance at her again and saw her have a little pink on her ruff and Deathbringer smirked.
"Liana, did you see Jambu?" Glory asked, turning her head to the blue coloured rainwing with bubbles of yellow on her scales.
"No, your majesty. I think he was taken somewhere." She said with a rueful look at Glory, fidgeting with her talons.
"Oh, dear. We'll investigate where he went," said Glory quietly. "Deathbringer, go interrogate them with some of my guards."
He nodded again and flew to the edge of the rainforest to see the two unknown dragons. 'If they want to kill my queen, i will kill them,' he thought, flying alongside the two nightwing guards.