Acai

Acai didn't want to know more, he wanted to just stay in his room and do nothing to contribute to the world because he didn't want to experience negative emotions. Contributing to the world was too hard and stressing for him because he had to make sure everything he did was perfect and he mostly slept before he finished doing a hard task because it was too exhausting for him but he had to finish it or else it felt like he might die. He wished that he didn't want to not contribute to the world because being only inside his room felt lonely and the air was flooded with anxiousness all the time. If only his father hadn't been captured by the nightwings and his mother hadn't blamed it on him and threw him out of the house he was in. He was so grateful for the rainwing who took him in but couldn't not be affected by his father being captured. The rainwing who took him told him to go outside and he kept protesting that he shouldn't go outside but the rainwing just told him to go outside because at least you'll get fresh air and nothing bad will happen to him. What if something bad did happen to him though? He was too cowardly and dumb to do anything brave or smart but his brain told him he should thank the rainwing who took him in so he went outside for a 'walk' which barely felt like one because he kept worrying about all the things that could kill him as he went outside. Then, he saw something in the corner of his eye. He turned right and saw a glowing light under a bush. Acai recoiled and as he went back, a portal opened up. He jumped and more portals opened up all around him. He accidentally staggered back into one and a new rainforest came into view. The rainforest looked the same but a million shapes were lurking in the shadows. Acai's legs were shaking as if he might collapse and fall down. What was happening? Did he just go into a portal? He was so scared he wanted to scream as loud as he could for help. A noise came out of one of the shapes, a roar, a moan? He had no idea. He couldn't say anything in response. The shape came out of the trees and it turned out to be a beast that was shaped like a bull with sharp big teeth. He stared at it, aghast. What was this beast? He'd never seen anything like it in the rainwing village. 'Wait, this is the rainforest so why is there beasts here unless... this is the past or future,' he thought with panic inside him. "Woah, i've never seen a dragon like you," said a voice behind him. He turned around tentatively and saw a muscular dragon but he looked so much like a rainwing with its ruff and tail and spikes and horn shape. He looked down at his skinny arms. Maybe they ate differently from us in the present like animals instead of fruit. He couldn't say anything but he needed to gather information. "Wh-what year is it?" He asked reluctantly. He despised this, he didn't want to experience any more bad things. He didn't want the memories to come back like... his father going away. Argh. He put his claws on his head. "It's 4005 as," said the muscular dragon. "I'm Periwinkle, what's your name?" 'Oh, so it is the past.' "I'm uh... Acai," he replied. "I'm from the future," Periwinkle stared at him with a surprised face. "Really? Then you've come just in time!" Periwinkle exclaimed and he pushed him to a tree. What did he mean by coming in time? What was so special about him? He was dumb, no one would want him to do anything. He saw a group of glowing plants and he didn't know why he was showing him these glowing plants unless they meant something. "You see, this plant gives a dragon animus powers if they eat them and the nightwings are trying to steal them all. There was a vision by a nightwing who came here and is in exile that there might be a dragon who will come and gather all the plants to a safe location where the nightwings won't be able to find. That's you," Periwinkle said, staring directly into Acai's eyes. He felt like he got punched in the stomach. They were so happy that he was here but he must be the wrong dragon. They could've chosen any other dragon other than him; cowardly and paranoid all the time.
They should've chosen someone else.
"No, i'm not. You chose the wrong dragon," Acai said. "You are. There was a vision about it and you're destined to help us." Acai thought about that for a moment, he was really good at picking up heavy things from doing little tasks but doing hard tasks were stressing. Wouldn't it be too hard? No, he always hid bunches of mangoes away from his mother when he lived with her. If he was the dragon destined for this, he would be able to do it.
"Okay, i'll do it because i know a place where it will be able to be safe."

It was really tiring to grab the glowing plants and then go back to the portal and then do it again and again and again. It made his muscles drag down but he had to do it otherwise then the future will be changed negatively, making rainwings not have animuses. The future of the world was in his claws and it was really stressing but he had to work on because he always made sure everything he did had to be perfect. After three days without sleeping, he managed to get most of the glowing plants out of the rainforest he knew of and he hoped that he got all of them then he would be doing nothing for the world. He didn't really want to contribute to the world but when the future of the world was in his claws, he felt that he needed to make the rainwings the best tribe otherwise then everyone would be disappointed. It was also because he loved his tribe except his mother like his friends that saw he was lonely at lunchtime when they first met and the dragon who took him in. He needed to do something to thank them for loving him and caring for him and there was good dragons somewhere that wanted him to do this, a good thing. He sat back and crossed his arms across his chest and stared up at the canopy level of the forest. Sunlight filtered through the gaps in the leaves and managed to land on his face creating a warmth on his face. Now, he just had to wait. As the sky became darker and darker, he worried about what the dragon who took him in was feeling. Were they glad? He wasn't sure. She didn't seem so glad to have him now that he was inside her house but she wanted him to come in, she cared for him and loved him by feeding him food, giving him shelter, and offering him water. The sky became black. 'Should i go in the portal?' wondered Acai. The dragon told him that the nightwings will probably be done trying to find the plant when the sky is black so he should go in, right? He jumped into the portal and saw nightwings lurking in the trees. Where was Periwinkle? Periwinkle said they'd be here. He didn't tell him that he went somewhere. Then he was knocked to the ground and a nightwing was suddenly pinning his wings to the ground and a growl came from his mouth. "Finally, we have one," the nightwing hissed. He was scared and didn't want to fight back, he was too frozen to. A sharp pain hit him on the head and darkness filled his vision.
The last thoughts he had were, 'How dare they do this to me. I will get revenge."

The next time he woke up, he was in a cube-shaped room and a nightwing was with him. "Where is the animus plant?" asked the nightwing, noticing he woke up. There was a locked door and he looked at the keys around the nightwing's neck. 'Revenge,' repeated in his mind. 'You must get revenge." He was doing this for his life, this wouldn't hurt anyone else. He extended his jaw and his fangs spat out a venom that landed on the nightwing's eyes. The nightwing's eyes were widened before he screamed in agony, his eyes closing and him staggering back on the ground. Three moons. He actually killed a dragon. But the nightwing deserved dying. He needed to live. Acai grabbed the keys and went out the door. Hundreds of nightwings started at him and he ran towards the portal with bunches of nightwings following him. 'RUN, ACAI, RUN!" repeated in his mind as he ran. He found the hidden portal and he ate the plant, making him become an animus. "I enchant this portal to close," said Acai but he was too late. A nightwing already pinned him to the ground and said, "Sorry rainwing. You- AHHH!" he cried, falling down and clutching his back. A blue shape was revealed and it was a rainwing. "Who are you?" asked Acai. "I'm Kapok. It's a pretty big tribe, isn't it?" replied Kapok. "No, not really," said Acai, scratching the back of his neck. "What do you mean? Our territory literally covers more than half of Pyrrhia," Kapok pointed out. Acai looked around and saw a bunch of animus plants around him, even more than he gathered.
Uh oh.
He might have created a new war between the rainwings and the other tribes.