"Home sweet home," Amber sighed, leaning back in the Tahoe as Corey pulled into the driveway.

"I love this house, and I especially love being at a track so close to home," he smiled, parking and getting out of the car.

They both grabbed bags and took them inside before they collapsed into their own bed.

"I'm proud of what you did today," Amber said as she faced Corey in their bed.

"It sucked that we ended like we did but," he sighed, "It was nice to have you there and be able to see you right after getting out of the care center,"

"I love that too. No waiting to see you,"

The couple spent the day laying around and watching TV, doing the same as they did after every race. Corey had a competition meeting every Tuesday but that was all they really knew of. His PR took care of the rest of it and usually gave him a schedule after the competition meeting.

Amber would get up when Corey left and make the bed, clean the house, and get things set for the upcoming race, packing for wherever they were going next. In this case, Illinois.

She knew she needed to pack to bus as well with their food and drinks as well as wash what she needed to before they would leave. Luckily, the buses were able to be kept on the Hendrick campus, so she could even make a little visit to Corey after the meeting. Usually, she got lunch and kept it warm with the heated seats in the car until he was able to come out and get it. They usually just ate in the bus before she would head home and do whatever she needed to there.

Once everything was packed at the house, she put it in the car and stopped at their favorite restaurant before heading down the street to the Hendrick campus.

She got in the bus and stripped the bed, throwing the laundry basket in her car before he finally came out and joined her.

"You bring lunch?" Corey asked as he opened the door and walked up the steps.

"Only your favorite," She chuckled, nodding to the bag that was still sitting on the table. "How was your meeting?"

"Not much to talk about since I got wiped out pretty early," he shrugged, setting out paper plates as she put new sheets on the bed.

Once she came out, she sat with her husband at the table, giving out the food that she'd brought with her.

"So now we have Gateway to think about?"

"We do," he nodded, "And I think we can win this one,"

"You've won there before," she reminded him as she took a bite of her salad.

"That wasn't in cup though. Cup is a whole different ball game," he shook his head, "You never know when you're gonna get your next win,"

"Corey, you have won 2 already. That's unheard of for a rookie," she said before she took another bite of her salad.

"I know but it's still hard,"

"I know but you're already doing amazing for your first year. I know you think you fell into those wins but you worked for them. You need to stop doubting yourself," she chuckled.

"You know that's what I'm good at," he smiled, "I should get back in there,"

"Yeah. Go ahead. I'll be here a little longer," she nodded, picking up both plates and putting them in a trash bag that she planned to take to the dumpster before she headed home.

Corey headed back inside after kissing his wife, and it wasn't too long before David stepped into the bus.

"Hey, honey. Corey said you were out here,"

"Hi Dad," she smiled, turning around as she folded a blanket and put it on the bed.

"How you doing out here? Trying to figure out what to do?" He asked, knowing she'd been missing working.

"Tryin to keep my mind busy," she chuckled a little, "I miss working but I can't find a schedule that would work with his,"

"I know. But there's gotta be something out there that you can do," David said as he sat in the dinette while she wiped down the counter. "I mean there's people that work from home all the time. I'm sure you could find something like that,"

"I'll look," she nodded, hoping she would maybe find something she could do during the week while Corey was either at Hendrick or the track. Not that she didn't want to watch Corey race, she just didn't like the waiting around. She was not one to sit around.

By the time she got home, she was exhausted but opened her laptop and started to look up remote jobs.

It wasn't more than a few hours before Corey returned home with her favorite salad from Tropical Smoothie.

"I'm home!" He called, setting the bag on the dining room table as he took off his jacket and shoes.

"I'm in the living room," she called back, shutting off the TV as he brought her food out. "Ooohh my favorite! Thanks, honey,"

"You brought mine earlier. It was only fair," he chuckled, leaning down to kiss her, "What are you doing out here?"

"Looking at remote jobs that I can do at the track while you're practicing and stuff," she answered, setting her laptop on the coffee table so she could eat.

"Well. Maybe you can do something with Hendrick?" He suggested, hoping she could maybe get involved with the race team.

"Are there any jobs that I'm qualified for?" She asked, looking at him as they both ate.

"I'm sure we could figure something out," he smiled, looking at his phone to see what he could find online.

"I'm willing to work there, as long as we can promise each other that we can separate personal and professional relationship,"

"I'm sure we can," he nodded, "I'll talk to the boss tomorrow,"

"But for now. It's just you and I and we're having a movie night,"

"That's fine with me," Corey smiled, moving closer to her as she put her salad down.

They chose a movie, pulled a blanket over them, and just enjoyed each other's company.