"So I talked to the boss," Corey started as he came back into the room after a shower.

"Yeah?" She asked, setting down the book she was reading as he came in.

"Yeah. He said we could use someone for marketing the whole team," Corey nodded, sitting on the bed as Amber set her book on her nightstand.

"So it would be about everyone. That would be fun. And I'd get to know the guys a little bit better," she nodded, "Tell him I'll take it,"

"Alright. I will," he nodded, sitting down next to her.

"Let's do it then," she smiled, "Now come to bed,"

"I am in bed,"

"I should kick you for that,"

"Spousal abuse," he joked, kissing her after getting comfortable in their bed.

"Thank you," Amber smiled, getting comfortable on her side before turning off the light, "Night,"

"Goodnight,"

——————

The next morning, Amber and Corey got up and both went to the HMS campus to get Amber started. She knew a lot of them but she wanted to meet everyone, see where she'd be working, and get a sense of what she'd be doing.

Corey walked her around the shop and introduced her to everyone before showing her to the office of their owner, Mr Hendrick.

"Hey Mr H," Corey said as he knocked on the door.

"Hey, Corey. Come in," Mr. Hendrick nodded, getting up to greet both of them, "Hi Amber,"

"Hi," she grinned, "Thanks for giving me this opportunity,"

"No problem. Corey has been singing your praises since he started here,"

"I found a good husband, that's for sure," she smiled, sitting in a chair next to Corey.

"You did. And you guys met in a pretty unconventional way," he chuckled, knowing they were sat up by her father who had stuck with him as a crew chief through his years in truck and the Xfinity series.

"Yeah but it worked out," she chuckled, "So this job,"

"Yes. We were going to talk to you about that. You have options,"

"In a perfect world, I'd want to be part-time and be able to enjoy the race," she said, hoping it would be possible.

"We want you doing marketing for the whole team. So we can definitely arrange that. And you wouldn't be working alone. You'd be part of the team,"

"I would really appreciate that. I want to be able to separate work from being his wife," She explained, squeezing his hand as they sat there.

"We can manage that. We can also have you work from home a few days a week if you'd be interested in that,"

"Definitely. We want to expand the family at some point so to be able to stay home with the baby would be perfect," she grinned, glancing at Corey who was also smiling.

"Well, we are happy to have you on board,"

"Thank you," she grinned, "When do you want me to start?"

"How about after Gateway?"

"Sounds good to me," she nodded, happy to start whenever.

"Thanks for coming in,"

"Thank you," she nodded, getting up with Corey to head out of the office.

Corey spent the rest of the afternoon, introducing her to everyone she'd be working with.

It took a little bit before they were heading home together, for the first time of many.

They got dinner started, making the easiest meal they could without getting in each other's way. Corey made the chicken while Amber chopped vegetables and made salad for them, while she danced to the music she had playing.

Corey couldn't help but get a quick video of it and post it to his Instagram story, loving his wife more than anything. He captioned it "Never gets old with this one" before posting it and going back to making the dinner they were preparing.

"You excited to go back to work?" He asked as they sat down to eat their dinner.

"Yeah. Just hoping I live up to the expectations," she sighed, "I just don't want to screw up,"

"You won't. And you have a whole team to work with. Bounce ideas off each other, make sure somethings right and if it's not, they can help you fix it,"

"When did you get so good at knowing what to say?" She chuckled, taking a bite of her dinner.

"Your dad taught me," he joked, but it wasn't exactly a lie. Had it not been for him, they wouldn't be together.

"The knower of all things," she smiled.

They ate for a little longer before they spent the rest of the evening in the living room, enjoying each other's company.