Astral Projecting

Bea's POV:
Me and Matt had been good since our conversation, things were different but in a good way. I was listening to Lana Del Rey when the door burst open, Elmer came in and jumped on my bed. "Hey, I was making my bed" I frowned as he smiled up at me. Elmer had one of those smiles that was so contagious, I couldn't help but smile back. He held out a hand for me and I sighed taking it and allowing him to shuffle over so I could lay beside him.

"You talk to Matt?" He asked. I inhaled before responding "Yeah." I could see his head turned towards me as I carried on looking at the ceiling, my eyes fluttering shut. "B talk to me." He mumbled.

"Can I trust him not to hurt me E?"
"There's only one way to find out."

At this point my head was facing him, again the door opened making my head turn and seeing Matt stood at the entrance with a look on his face that told me exactly what he thought. He turned around without saying a word, he walked away.

(PLAY CONSTELLATIONS BY JADE LEMAC PIANO VERSION HERE TRUST ME!!!!)

"See? Jesus he thinks I'd act like this with him and then chat you up." I scoffed, sitting up. Elmer chuckled as he placed a hand on my back and moved it up and down. "He's jealous. It's what we do when we like someone Bea. It's my bad, just go talk to him." He reassured. It was the start of the day and we'd already started with old habits.

I rolled my eyes and got off the bed and went to Matt's room where he sat on his phone watching tik toks. I walked over to his bed and sat right in front of him, leaving him no space to avoid me. I snatched his phone out of his hand and chucked it behind me on the bed. His lips were upturned, a small smile on his lips. "There's nothing there." I said, pointing over my shoulder referring to the thing he'd seen with Elmer. "I don't deserve you." He said, his hand encasing my cheek, a habit he'd got into recently. We were so close I could see his freckles. Butterflies swam in my stomach as I lifted my own hand and traced the freckles over his nose and onto his cheeks.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered, I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks and I went over his freckles again and again. I carried on until I realised just how much closer we'd gotten, I was basically on his lap at this point. Matt had a hand on my cheek and the other slid around my waist. I had a hand tracing his freckles and the other one slithered around the back of his head, running my fingers through his hair. He leaned in and I didn't stop him, maybe I'd regret this and maybe I wouldn't. But that was for future me to deal with.

His lips encased mine softly, his grip around my waist was gentle and I was running my fingers all through his hair as we released the years of emotions into that one kiss. It was better than our first kiss. This feeling is amazing.

When we pulled away from each other he looked into my eyes and smiled cheekily, I looked away and his two fingers were under my chin, prompting me to look back at him again. "Those eyes.." He mumbled, I couldn't contain my smile as I asked "What about them?" I knew he loved my eyes, he used to compliment them all the time when we first met, but now it meant a whole lot more. "When I look into your eyes, I see your soul. I've never seen a human the way I see you. I don't even have to ask you to bare your soul to me, one look and I feel like I'm astral projecting."

I watched him speak in admiration, happiness radiating from the both of us. "Is my soul blue?" I asked, earning a chuckle from him. "It's brighter than the Sun. And it's perfect. Like you." He mumbled, booping my nose before rolling out of bed and offering me a hand. I always loved having the deepest conversations with Matt, he was the most intriguing, knowledgable boy I knew and that was more attractive to me than anything else.

I took his hand and we walked into the living room, no one batted an eyelid as we sat down on the L shaped couch and I leaned onto his chest. He was wearing a Fresh Love set and his hair was overgrown, his middle part more emphasised. Brown, wavy hair that covered his eyes. I turned my head slightly and looked up at his eyes, brushing away a few strands and soaking in his features. He was beautiful.