Chapter 5: Start of Jean's vacation.

{ blah blah }= me explaining some stuff

(its that way!)=thoughts

"could you help me put up some missing posters?"= speech

" I will have order"= speaking with authority or anger or seriousness

***************************************************************************************

Narrator POV:

The fatui diplomats were still nervous as Varka maintained a friendly smile as he said " now how are your accommodations in Monstadt?". The female diplomat gave a forced smile as she said " It,s very good, sir! There is nothing wrong about it.".

Varka smiled as he nodded and said " Good, good. We Monstadt have always treated the Snezhnayan diplomats like heroes." a chorus of "Yeah!" spread from the crowd and the diplomats got even more nervous as Varka pulled a picture from his pockets and asked "So what is this?". 

The fatui diplomats stared shocked at the picture of their troops kidnapping small children in cages. The crowd gasped in horror as the female diplomat yelled " T-This has to be fake sir! We, the fatui are honorable and would never do anything like this!". Aether raised a eyebrow as he said " So, you mean I faked a picture? I have a video recording as well.". 

The diplomats paled more as the male glared at Aether as he said " And who are you to interfere in this!?". Aether smirked as Varka said " He is my secretary!". The relegation caused people to be shocked as they never even heard of this man. Aether thought ( Technically I am the acting grandmaster's assistant but whatever).

The Diplomats paled more as the female said " I apologize for my partner's behavior with your secretary but I think the agents in these pictures are rebels from our army, I will make sure to investigate from my end and solve it Grandmaster.". Aether then said " I am not sure if rebels would say ' We will report this matter to her highness, the harbinger' would they?". 

The diplomats were completely cornered as they soon felt the glares of the crowd surrounding them. Varka then raised his hand silencing the crowd as he said " we already have hostages who have confessed. I never knew Snezhnaya would stoop so low! Now I wonder how many times this has happened already. I can't arrest you since you people are diplomats so I hereby declare that Monstadt will cut-off all of connections with Snezhnaya and NO FATUI AGENT IS ALLOWED TO SET FOOT IN THE LAND OF WIND!"

The diplomats fell down in fear as Varka's rage was causing his elemental energy to leak out. Varka then again said " Did you not hear me! I said I want you criminals out of my nation.". The diplomats nodded quickly as they ran back inside the hotel. a few minutes later, A group of diplomats left the hotel as they ran to the port. 

The male diplomat at the end turned back as he yelled " YOU PEOPLE WILL SUFFER FROM HER HIGHNESS FOR THIS. WE WILL NEVER FORGET THIS HUMILIATION.". Varka raised his sword a bit from his sheath as the guy panicked, running harder than ever. The surrounding crowd were all murmuring about what happened as Varka and Aether went back to the headquarters.

Varka was happy that he was able to remove a thorn to Monstadt just in time before the big Expedition. He turned to Aether as they walked and said "Thanks Aether. Because of you, I was able to remove a thorn to Monstadt today.". Aether gave a smile as he said " Its fine grandmaster, just doing what I can to the place that helped me".

Arriving in front of the grandmaster quarters, Varka opened the door to see Jean waiting. He looked at Aether as Aether nodded and left.

Seeing Varka enter and Aether leave, Jean salutes as she said " SIR! I have dispatched a squad to the village like you instructed.". Varka nodded as he turned to the window and said " Jean, I have something to tell you.". Jean said "Yes sir?". Varka sighed as he said " Jean, I want you to leave the acting grandmaster position for a few years.".