Prologue

Vera Lorraine Ongjoco

"Finally.." I mumbled.

I immediately stood up as soon as the meeting ended to congratulate our new investors. I shook hands with them one by one and I left the conference room and went to my office to get my things.

"Good evening Ms. Vera. The legal department office call lately when you are in a meeting, they need your signature and approval for their---"

I didn't let my secretary finish whatever she needed to say. I look at her direction and stop her from talking.

"Just put those documents on my table, I'll sign those all tomorrow. I need to go Jane."

"But Ma'am they said that this is urgent. It needs to be approved immediately." She argued while biting her lower lip.

"Just tell them what I said. I have a lot of things to do and besides my office hours are over. If they really need my approval immediately then they should pass those documents earlier. Not now, not last minute." I replied straight forward. I didn't wait for her response and I left her in my office.

Those shit documents are making me busier these days to the point that I don't even have time for my boyfriend.

Yesterday was our 5th anniversary and we're not able to celebrate it because we're both busy in our respective family businesses. He's been in Bohol since last week for a business meeting and he will be coming back tomorrow afternoon so I'm planning to surprise him with a romantic dinner set-up at his place.

After a forty-minute drive, I arrived at his place and went straight to his unit. I need to set up everything tonight before he comes since I'm also planning to fetch him at the airport tomorrow after I do my work in the office.

I was surprised as opened the door. The living room is messy. All the lights are on and there are empty boxes of pizza and cans of beer on the center table while the TV is on.

Is he already here? I thought he'd come back tomorrow.

Geez. How about my surprise for him? Ugh bahala na!

Or maybe he wanted to surprise me too so he went home earlier?

After thinking so hard I decided to cancel my planned set-up for tonight. I miss him so much so bahala na about my surprise. I can think about it later or tomorrow naman.

I went straight to his room and slowly opened the door to surprise him and tease him at the same time. I wanted to tease him because I knew that he was already here.

But I was the one who was surprised.

"Shit Xavi, harder I'm cumming!"

"Ahhhh shit!!!"

I was shocked by what I saw and I suddenly took a back. I hit his side table and a picture frame with our picture together fell on the floor and broke into pieces.

God Xavi. How could you do this to me?!

They both looked in my direction and they were really surprised to see me as if they had seen a ghost.

"Babe!"

Xavier quickly left Luna and went to me.

"Babe l-let me explain." He nervously said.

I looked directly into his eyes and I clearly saw that his nervous and he didn't expect me to see this.

"Don't you even touch me! You're disgusting!" I said when he was about to reach me for a hug.