Chapter 2

Vera Lorraine Ongjoco

I slowly opened my eyes because I felt something in my chest that made me hold on to it. I also slowly got up from lying down and I felt a severe headache. After I endured my headache for a few minutes, I looked around and I felt like cold water was poured over me because of what I saw.

Dead bodies are scattered around and almost everyone is in chaos. It was as if someone had detonated a bomb so I quickly got up and ran but to my surprise I saw a big black demon-like figure. It was about to attack me when someone suddenly blocked in front of it and that's what he hit.

Oh my God! What the hell is that? I asked myself.

Mabilis akong tumakbo palayo at agad na pumara ng taxi na agad naman akong hinintuan at pinasakay.

Ano yun? Namamalik mata lang ba ako? But why does it seem true?

The driver seemed to be surprised at me. He had been staring at me from the rear mirror for a while, so I also looked at myself. I was only wearing a white hospital gown and I was also very pale.

Mabuti at pinasakay pa ko ni manong kahit ganito ang itsura ko.

A-ano bang n-nangyayari? Why I am only wearing this white hospital gown at bakit sila nagkakagulo doon?

After a 30-minute ride, I arrived at the mansion that Lolo Bernie bequeathed to me. I didn't even have any money with me to pay for the taxi, so I went inside for a while and gave a 10-karat gold diamond ring as my payment to the taxi driver.

At first, parang ayaw pang tanggapin ng driver yung bayad ko but I insist since I don't really have cash to pay him plus he deserves it naman.

He seemed to be wondering earlier and wanted to drop me off outside the mansion. Paano ba naman kasi, naglalakihang mga puno at nagtataasang mga talahiban muna ang mga madadaanan bago makarating dito.

Ganito katago ang mansion na ito. Akala yata ni manong ay jino-joke time ko siya which I couldn't blame him.

I don't know why my mind brought me here. I rarely come here because I take care of this place to remain a secret from any of our relatives. After all, according to Lolo Bernie, this used to be their love nest of his greatest love who is obviously not my grandmother and he wanted to keep this secret from any of our relatives.

In fact, he said that I was the only one who knew about this mansion which I wonder why.

Since I rarely come here, I scanned first the entire mansion before heading to the bathroom to take a shower and soak in the bathtub. I feel like I slept for a long time and I am wondering why I felt that.

I immediately set up my bathtub. I added my favorite lavender scent bath soap to it. After I finished setting up, I immediately went up to soak in the hot and fragrant water.

I frowned when I saw that the hospital gown I was wearing earlier had a diamond shape burned on the chest part. I suddenly remembered how I felt strange earlier on my chest so I looked into it and I was very surprised to see a diamond-shaped scar on my chest.

"What the hell is this?" I asked myself anxiously.

I immediately stood up in the bathtub and looked at it in the mirror. I was really wondering so I tried to remember what happened to me last time.

I was just staring at the scar on my chest and I was shocked when I suddenly remembered that I had an accident. My car collided with a truck and crashed into concrete barriers.