Chapter 1

Six months later...

Brielle Zamora

"Fuck! Nasundan nila tayo!" Tarah informed us while we were heading to the underground of this hospital because we are taking Ariella there where someone is already waiting for her para malapatan ng paunang lunas at maoperahan siya agad kung kinakailangan.

"You go there first. Katya and I will take care of here, we will stop them while they treat Ariella."

I nodded to Tarah and tapped her shoulder. "Don't hesitate to radio us for reinforcement if you need it." I replied before they took their place.

We immediately head inside and I take the way to lead them while carefully and quickly checking the surroundings to see if it was safe. We have to be careful because Ariella is already injured plus we also have to be careful not to make any scene because we are here in a public place and we have to maintain our discretion even during an emergency.

"Please hold on Ariella, we're close." Jillian pleaded while she was carrying Ariella.

I tried not to look at them because I couldn't bear to see Ariella's condition. She's covered in blood and I know she's only trying to fight and hold on because of Jillian, not because of being the protector anymore.

I need to concentrate and control my emotions, especially in these situations.

We finally arrived where our colleague was waiting for Ariella. He is pretending to be a doctor here at the hospital to hide his identity and at the same time so that we could have quick access to service at the hospital if we needed it. We quickly laid Ariella on the bed next to the paraphernalia that would be used to treat her.

Nessleen and I immediately took our positions. We stood guard at the door with our guns pointed. I really wish that Tarah and Katya could stop them.

"You need to start treating her now. We were followed and we didn't know if we could stop them." Jillian ordered our colleague.

"Her condition is severe. I can't save her anymore, she won't be able to handle the operation anymore because of the injuries she had on her body especially since we only have limited time." He explained.

Nessleen and I immediately looked at them.

Damn! I was deafened by what I heard.

Jillian immediately raised her shotgun and pointed it at our colleague's temple. "I don't accept that kind of answer. Start your job and treat her. Just do everything you can to save her!" She ordered angrily.

"Jillian! Just listen to her. We have a protocol to follow. If the protector cannot survive, the gemstone must be taken from her---"

Jillian raised her other shotgun and pointed it at Nessleen. Her two shotguns are now pointed at Nessleen and our colleague.

"Shut the fuck Nessleen! I know you've been hoping and waiting for a long time for the gemstone to come to you. I'm sorry but I won't let Ariella die. We all know what will happen if we remove the gemstone from her body."

"That's the point, Jillian! That's the protocol that we need to follow!" Nessleen replied. She was starting to get annoyed with Jillian so I intervened to reduce the tension in this room.

The pain and despair were visible in Jillian's eyes. I walked closer to her and slowly took her guns. "I'm sorry Jillian but they're both right. We have to follow the protocol. It's a part of what we swore."