:✼✿ You were never mine to lose

"I want to love you forever"

"Even when I am no longer here?"

Ahalya Roy

Ahalya figured that maybe seeing her teacher turn into a freaking monster would be enough for her day but again what do you do in a situation when a child stands in front of you and says that she is the goddess Artemis.

You either accept it like the daughter of Hecate (it was the least stressful thing that occurred in the past 2 hours), or you say something real intelligent like Percy, "Um...okay."

However, that was nothing compared to Grover. He gasped, then knelt hastily in the snow and started yammering, "Thank you, Lady Artemis! You're so...you're so...Wow!"

Ahalya would never get why satyrs were so in love with Artemis and her hunters. Probably because they both loved nature.

So, it was more of a nature is equal to love for them.

"Get up, goat boy!" Thalia snapped. "We have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone!"

Now, she made a valid point. Ahalya quite liked the girl from what she knew from her mom's nightly visits and her not-every-time helpful dreams.

At the same time, the girl tried not to look at Zeus's spawn much for they both had a lot of memories tied together before Thalia had run away from home and met a pinecone's fate.

"Whoa," Bianca di Angelo said. "Hold up. Time out."

Everybody looked at her. She pointed her finger at all of them in turn, like she was trying to connect the dots. "Who...who are you people?"

Artemis's expression softened. "It might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you? Who are your parents?"

Woah boy! Ahalya did not like the look Artemis gave Bianca. It always meant one, though she hoped it would not be what she expected.

Bianca glanced nervously at her brother, who was still staring in awe at Artemis. Ahalya couldn't help but smile at him, Nico after all always did like all his Mythomagic cards.

"Our parents are dead," Bianca said. "We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..."

She faltered. The girl had guessed from their faces that none of them believed her.

"What?" she demanded. "I'm telling the truth."

"You are a half-blood," Zoë Nightshade said. Her accent was hard to place. It sounded old-fashioned like she was reading from a really old book. "One of thy parents was mortal. The other was an Olympian."