The Decision

After the Maghrib prayer, which was led by the Sarki, he turned to his congregation, consisting of the five men who came to visit him Jamil's father and Zarah's father. He said
'There are two very important persons to me here personally. One came to seek a bride for my son and the other has permitted me to give out my daughter.' he gestured to Jamil on Zarah's father to come forward. They came forward and sat beside him. He continued
these children are my children as well as your children. I am very happy that they have found each other and as parents, we have decided to do right by them.
in Islamic tradition, the best thing to do for people who are in love with each other is to marry them, and that is what we would do this evening according to the sunnah of Nabi SAW.

"I have something to say Mai martaba. What you have said is true, and I will be the happiest if the two of our children are married right here and right now, and it is because of that, I wanted to come full disclosure to Mai Girma Iyya and you too, Mai Martaba"
puzzled everyone turned to Jamil's dad and imagined what he would say or what he wanted to disclose. He turned to Iyya I knew Zarah's mother when she was a teenager in Zaria, she was a decent girl from an honourable home. I wanted to marry her and, my uncle, who stood as my dad had gone to Kano to ask for her hand in marriage, on my behalf. It was rejected because she was to be married to Iyya. 

Everyone went quiet and Iyya looked at Jamil's father. Eng Haroon tried to look to determine what was going through the mind of Iyya as regards this information. He would detest if this information he stated stopped the marriage.
After a brief silence, Mai Martaba looked at Iyya and said
"do you have anything to say ?'
Iyya had a slight smile and said
'That was the past, my wife is late and we lived a happy life until she died. I had two beautiful kids with her and yes, she had told me about a certain young man she wanted to get married to in Zaria, but that is the past I fell in love with her and I believe she fell in love with me as well. May her soul rest in peace Allah ya jikan ta."
' I am most grateful Iyya Allah ya Jikan Hamidah, Allah ya rayya mata zurianta"
Eng. Haroon said and everyone said, Ameen.
Mai Martaba said
' so we may proceed with Daurin aure'
' inshaAllah' everyone said simultaneously.
Prayers were said, The Sadaki/mahram was set at £10,000 and the Nikkah was done.! Jamil and Zarah were husband and wife unbeknown to them.
***
Zarah said her Maghrib prayer and lay on the mat. Her heart was at ease for some reason. She kept her prayers on repetition 'Oh Allah I put my trust in You'
Her eyes were closed but tears fell to the side. She knew she would be fine, today, tomorrow or in the future.
***
Auntie was in the living room with Zarah's brother and his wife when the call came in.
She spoke and said
'Ya London da Mai Martaba?' after listening she said in an exclamation
'Ikon Allah hakanan, wai An Daura wa Zarah aure'
Zarah's dad on the other end said ' Hakan Allah ya rubuta, Mai Martaba nasan ganinta Kafin ya tafi Paris jibi da Mr President. (Sarki wants to see her before he leaves for Paris with Mr President-
'So tell her to travel with all of you to London tomorrow morning.'

Zarah was still on her prayer mat when she heard commotion, immediately are sister in law came in and hugged her chanting
'Ayyyyyyrrrreeeee, an Daura Miki aure'
Zarah's heart dropped, her sister-in-law wouldn't even settle to let her know who was her husband. She feared the worst but her mind was settled. She had prayed to God that what was best for her would happen. Then her stepmother came into the room and said 'Barkan mu barkan mu Matan Jbrin?'
Zarah smiled, the name was Jamil, and she was married to Jamil. before it sunk in and amid the noise, Jamil's call came in. She couldn't pick up his call in this chaos. She wouldn't know what to say in front of her family.
When he called the second time she picked up

"Unbelievable, Alhamdulliah! I can't believe you're my wife. I can't believe it. I'm coming over right now." in his full Brum accent.
"No, I'm going to London tomorrow morning, I heard that you are also to be there"
"I can't wait to meet you tomorrow. I'll drive to Manchester this night to see you my love' Jamil said
"I'll have to call you back I can't even hear you there's a lot of chaos here give me 30 minutes I'll call you back just stay where you are okay, even if you come, I wouldn't be able to get away from my family and meet you and you wouldn't want to meet them now in this chaos.
****
Before he got the news, Jamil sat in his parent's living room feeling aimless. After he dropped Zarah off he came home and told his mom he was selling his company and travelling.
'That is not a good idea sweetheart' she told him
'Tell you what, stay with us for 6 months if things don't work out, you can make a decision then.
When his phone rang, he was sure he was not going to pick it up. Then his mom came in with an unusually happy face.
'Your dad said he's been trying to call you, pick up your call.'
'Mom, why are you so excited?'Jamil asked
'You just pick your call, darling' she said
When his phone rang again he picked it up and saw that it was his Dad.
'Why aren't you picking up your calls' his dad said.
'So sorry Dad,'
'Well, congratulations' his dad said, Jamil sat up hoping his dad would say Zarah's arrangement to marry the other guy was suspended or so. Nothing prepared him for what his dad said
' The Emir just conducted your Nikkah to Zarah'
'Dad, you know you can't joke like that right?' Jamil said. His dad always pulls pranks on him and he was sure this was one of those.
'I'm not joking son, the Mahr is £10,000. I've called the Amman's they will join us and you tomorrow in London. The Emir wants to meet you.' he realized his dad was serious when he looked at his mom's face and saw the happy tears rolling down.
'SubhanAllah, Dad you are serious, Mom I'm married to Zarah' he said not believing it himself. He had dropped her some hours back, thinking he might not see her again. Alhamdulliah.
He had to go back to Manchester.
'Call her first' his mom said
When he did there was so much noise. She said she'll call him back. He called Ahmed and informed him.
' Allah is the best planner, congratulations mate.'

****
Hey! Thanks for reading this far. The next part will be the final part of this story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you haven't read my first story In My Heart- please give it a try.
Love Fadeelah