7. plans and packing

𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨

Chapter Seven: Plans and Packing

When the day came to an end, they all went back to their respective houses, where they lived for the past 18 years. They engaged in a video call while packing their necessary things. As Simran was packing her books, Dev flipped her off making her flip him off in return making the others laugh.

"It's just day one and you guys started with this," Gayathri spoke in between laughter. "Well, I can't help the fact she looks like my sister!" Dev exclaimed making Simran look at him. 

"Excuse me?" she spoke making the others chuckle. "I'm serious, the glasses and everything make you look like her," he answered.

"Dude, I'm a unique piece. There's no chance of similarity," Simran answered waving him off making him roll his eyes. 

Laughter and chatter filled the screen as everyone settled into the call. Arjun, surrounded by packed boxes in his room, started, "I still can't believe we are all moving into our place tomorrow."

"True Matt. It's going to be amazing," Pavitr chimed in as they saw him carry a box around. Ishan, grinning from his bedroom, replied, "I can already imagine the movie nights taking place in both our flats."

"And I can imagine attacking you with popcorn" Simran spoke laughing. 

Their parents, realizing the importance of this moment, joined the call, adding extra faces on the screen. Tanya's mom, with a comforting smile, said, "Hi, everyone! Just wanted to say how proud we are of all of you. Moving into your own places is a big step."

"And also we parents were engaged in a call a few hours back and decided to help get you the furniture, kitchen, and bathroom supplies. So you guys don't have to worry about it," Simran's dad chimed in.

"Wait how did you get every parent's number?" Simran asked looking at her father, who smiled patting her head. "We have our ways," he answered making her roll her eyes.

Tanya's dad, holding a box of kitchenware, chimed in, "And we're here to help with that step. We've got some furniture and kitchen essentials ready to go."

Karan's mom, holding up a set of bedding, added, "We've even got some extra bedding for those unexpected sleepovers. You know how it is in university."

Simran's mom, holding up a toolkit, teased, "And a toolkit for those moments when you feel like a DIY expert." Simran laughed, "Thanks, Mom."

Rhea's mom, joining the banter, said, "Make sure to take some family photos with you. It'll add a personal touch to your new place." Rhea took the photo frame, and nodded, "Great idea, Mom. It'll be a reminder of home."

Dev's mom, with a warm smile, added, "And don't forget to call us regularly. We want to know every detail of your new adventures." Dev, rolling his eyes playfully, said, "Mom, you'll technically be there with us through video calls."