14. kitchens and kisses

𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨

Chapter 14: Kitchens and Kisses

As the night came to a close and the freshers' party began to wind down, the group made their way back to their respective flats, laughter, and chatter filling the air as they reminisced about the evening's festivities.

Dev walked alongside Tanya, feeling a sense of nervous anticipation as he contemplated inviting her back to the fourth-floor flat. He stole glances at her, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried to muster the courage to ask.

"Tanya," he began, his voice slightly hesitant, "I was wondering... would you like to come back to our flat for a drink? Just to, you know, unwind after the party?"

Tanya's eyes lit up at the invitation, a warm smile spreading across her face. "I'd love to, Dev. That sounds like a great idea."

Dev's heart soared with relief and excitement as Tanya accepted his invitation, his nerves dissipating in an instant. He couldn't help but feel a surge of gratitude towards Simran for giving him the nudge he needed to take a chance.

As they made their way back to the fourth-floor flat, Dev and Tanya fell into an easy conversation, their laughter mingling with the sounds of the night. The walk seemed to fly by in a blur of laughter and shared moments until they reached their destination.

Entering the flat, Dev led Tanya into the living room, where they could see Ishan and Simran going through the photos captured, while Arjun was talking with Rhea. The atmosphere was relaxed and inviting, with a warm glow emanating from the soft lighting and comfortable furnishings.

"Welcome to our humble abode," Dev said with a grin, gesturing towards the couches and chairs scattered around the room. "Make yourself at home."

Tanya smiled warmly, taking a seat on one of the couches as she looked around the room. "You guys really went all out with the decors," she laughed making the others laugh as well.

Dev beamed with pride at her compliment, feeling a sense of satisfaction at having her there with him. He settled into the seat beside her, feeling a sense of contentment wash over him as they continued to chat and laugh together.

As the night wore on, their conversation flowed effortlessly, the hours slipping by in a haze of laughter and shared stories. Dev found himself completely at ease in Tanya's presence, grateful for the opportunity to spend time with her outside of the party atmosphere.

"Drinks, anyone?" Dev asked as he made his way towards the kitchen. "I could definitely use some right now," Tanya answered following him. "We already had it, Dev. Thanks for asking!" Rhea exclaimed looking at Simran who chuckled. "We didn't have drinks yet," Ishan answered making Simran nudge him in the hip with her elbow. 

"Idiot, we're giving them some time alone," Rhea muttered. "Ohh," Arjun trailed off. 

Dev glanced at them making Simran and Rhea give him a thumbs up before he saw the 2 pull Ishan and Arjun away to their rooms leaving Dev and Tanya alone.