Chapter 1

|Who Are You|
🌸🌸🌸

Humans aren't oblivious to Demons and Angels, even the existence of Werewolves and Vampires. They know the supernatural beings living along with them and so do they know their powers so they keep themselves in check, never mess with them. Although they can't help themselves from putting their noses in between when the topic is about a certain Demon. 

There are always loud whispers whenever he walks down the corridor to get to his classroom. Just like today. His head is held high, his face is cold like ice, eyes sharp. Those side glances of curiosity, disgust, and fear others steal at him, the hushed taunts have always been ear hurting but he manages to dodge them since he doesn't really remember when or how long it has been. Even if they fear him, it's no surprise he is the subject of their gossip every time he passes by. And nothing hurts more than hearing all the baseless rumors his very own parents circulated so he becomes dangerous in others' eyes; hard to approach, always feared. However they never really care if he is hurting day by day inside because of this. He is the one hearing all of it, getting scared side glances when he has never once hurt anyone. 

Being a Demon prince and the next in the line to become the King of Hell, it's a shame that he doesn't have any magical power with him. And for this reason, his parents loathe his very existence. He wonders if he had a sibling who meets their expectations, would he be abandoned by his parents? Probably. 

It's ironic how he knows they could do this. And it brings tears to his eyes yet he can't cry. He is even prohibited from crying. Crying means showing weakness. And he can't show he is a weak demon. 

His name is Kim Taehyung. The crown prince of Hell but a hurt and broken soul seeking peace and happiness in the world of darkness his parents have thrown him into. Because, unlike all demons, he is born very submissive and doesn't possess any power. So he is a shame on demons, according to his parents. He believes he is.

He looks ahead and stops, watching that one person whom he can call a true friend looking back at him, sharply. Park Jimin. It is not unknown to all species that Angels are the most hated by Demons so him being friends with Park Jimin, who is the prince of Heaven will cause a riot. Towards him mostly. 

Jimin doesn't say anything even if he wants to and walks away to his classes. Oh, he wants to run to him and hug him but he knows better than to do any of it. He breathes in and goes to his class. 

The more he thinks, the more he realizes that his life will end just like that. A puppet of his parents. A doll that isn't allowed to feel anything but fear and pain. He sits down in his seat which is at the very end, far from the other students. Watching the others talking, laughing, and having fun with their friends but here he is, sitting alone in silence, completely mute while keeping his cold face but inside, he is crumbling. Maybe he will die soon. He leans forward and puts his head on the desk, looking out of the window at the clear sky. He wishes to die

'Someday I will disappear and nobody will miss me except my best friend and hyung.' He thinks and clutches his stomach, controlling the tears that are so close to falling. His stomach is growling in hunger, he is hungry.

Just then he sees a shadow in the sky and straightens his posture, looking confused. But there is no one in the sky. It was only a second of matter. He is sure he saw someone in the sky. 

"Prince Taehyung, please open your history book, page 298." 

It brings him out of the trance. He looks at the teacher whom he didn't realize when she came in. He nods at her. She smiles at him sweetly and goes back to explaining. Taehyung feels a little grateful that, unlike other teachers, some teachers treat him like a student, not like a harmful demon, and one of them is his history teacher, Mrs. Han. He adores her a lot.