Chapter 4

|Those Silent Tears| 

🌸🌸🌸

"How is he?" Jungkook asks the Omega doctor who is checking Taehyung's health. "Nothing to worry about. He is perfectly fine." 

"Are you sure?" Jungkook asks again, wanting to be one hundred percent sure that Taehyung is fine. The doctor chuckles, "Yes, dear. He is fine." She reassures him. "Let him rest and he will be fine." 

"Thank you," Jungkook says to the doctor, eyes back to the male sleeping on his bed peacefully. He wished that peacefulness was in the latter's life as well. 

"Mr. Jeon, do not worry." 

"It's just….." Jungkook sighs, "Thanks for the visit, Doc Yoon. Please don't tell my uncle about it." 

"I am afraid I have to. As your family doctor, I can't hide this from him. Head Alpha trusts me a lot for me to keep things hidden from him." Doctor Yoon bows apologetically. 

Jungkook nods, "I understand. But I will tell him myself just not yet." He looks directly into her eyes. She stills, keeping eye contact with him. His eyes flicker to silver for a split second. "I hope you understand." He says slowly. 

"I understand." The doctor says, without blinking. 

"Great!" Jungkook chirps, "You can go now." He waves his hand, smiling brightly at the doctor who nods and grabs her bag, walking out of the room and then the house.  

The doctor sits in her car, snaps out of the trance, and looks around, "What am I doing here?" She asks herself, confused. 

Jungkook brings the comforter up to Taehyung's chest and smiles softly at the soft noises coming out of Taehyung. He runs his fingers through the younger one's hair and chuckles, "Still so soft to caress." He stares at his face, sadness covering his features. He tears his gaze off Taehyung and looks out of the window. "There is still a very long time for me to achieve my goal and on the way, I have to keep you out of their watch." He mumbles. "Even your loved ones, Mark and Jimin. I have gotta keep them safe too." 

The sun is setting when Jungkook takes the sleeping Taehyung out of his house. The young demon is wrapped in a warm blanket, his face flushed against Jungkook's chest, pulling out a small pout on his lips. 

"Are you sure?" Yoongi asks from the driving seat, eyes on the rear mirror, watching his cousin enter the car with Taehyung and sitting in the backseat. "I wanna know what he wants so I have to send Taehyung there. I know it's not a good idea but considering our spy isn't able to find out his plan Taehyung is the only way we can know about his plan." Jungkook says, adjusting Taehyung on his lap. 

"I am still not feeling good about this, Jungkook. Think again." Yoongi requests. 

Jungkook just stares at Taehyung's face. He moves his hand to push away Taehyung's bangs from his forehead. "My little dove is very brave, Hyung." He says softly. "He will get through this too. Whatever will happen in hell, I know my little dove is strong and will endure it." 

"How long will he keep on enduring this?" 

"As long as he doesn't fight back." Jungkook asserts, "Once he stands on his ground and raises his voice against the injustice that has been served to him, he will be who he is." 

Yoongi looks over his shoulder at his cousin, he stares at him for a few seconds and sighs. "I hope it won't do any more damage to Taehyung. He is still very young for all this." He mumbles. 

Jungkook hears but stays silent and looks out of the window as the car starts moving. 

'Kim Taehyung, my dear little dove.' Jungkook says in his mind. 'You and I have a very long history that you don't remember but I do, every piece of it as if I am looking at my reflection in the mirror.' His eyes sting with fresh tears as he brings Taehyung closer to his chest and hears him sigh softly in his sleep.