Chapter 5

|Yes Or No|
🌸🌸🌸

"Are you okay now?" Yoongi asks as Jungkook gets in the passenger seat. "Hmm." Jungkook hums, leaning against the seat and looking at the side mirror where he can see Taehyung standing behind their car, staring their way. 

"I still don't understand why you decided to be a professor. And you are still doing your PhD." Yoongi asserts. 

Jungkook just smiles. 

"Do you realize that this professional tag of yours is the reason why that poor boy is pushing you away?!" Yoongi is frustrated by seeing both Jungkook and Taehyung suffer. 

Jungkook closes his eyes as the car starts moving. "I have realized." He whispers. "I heard everything back in the classroom." 

Yoongi spares him a glance for a second and chuckles. Even though they are cousins, most of the time he can not understand him at all. "You are so complicated sometimes. If you have, what's your plan now?" 

Jungkook smiles, eyes still closed. As usual, he can see Taehyung with a warm smile. A tear trickles down his cheek as soon as he opens his eyes. He quickly wipes that teardrop away. 

"You are so cruel!" 

Why is every word spoken by him still so clear to Jungkook? How can Jungkook still feel every bit of pain as if he was back in that time? It feels unfair for one moment. But if he thinks again, it feels right. He has done many wrong things and he deserves this much pain. 

Although, at one point, it gets unbearable. It's like an eternal punishment. A damnation. 

"I must recreate our past to bring his memories back." 

"Huh?!" Yoongi steps on the breaker and looks at his brother, "You have never told me about this! I thought it's because you want to have some authority which you will not have as a student." He expresses his previous thoughts. 

Jungkook chuckles, "Everything happens for a reason but that reason must be enclosed until it's the time for it's disclosing." 

Yoongi stares and breathes out a painful sigh. "The truth of you and him? Or the truth of your current situation? Or the truth that you are hurting too much inside." He gives a small smile. "Both you and your wolf." 

Jungkook looks out of the window. "Let's go before traffic gets worse." But there are no cars other than theirs on the road. Yoongi knows very well that the other just wants to avoid having this conversation as usual. 

Yoongi shakes his head and starts the engine. Jungkook is quiet the entire time of the ride to their house, lost in his thoughts, dazed about the future, past and present. Yoongi wishes he could read his brother's mind and maybe he'll be able to help him cope with his pain. 

It's late at night, around 11 pm, almost midnight, but Jungkook is wide awake, sitting on his rocking chair and reading a book with glasses sitting at the top of his nose when a knock disrupts and he looks up at the door. 

Another knock is heard and he realizes it is not coming from the door but from the window of his balcony. He puts off his glasses and the book down on the tea table near him and goes to the balcony, sliding the curtains and opening the window. He finds none. 

"BOO!" 

"Ah fuck." Jungkook is startled, a hand over his chest as he looks behind at the fairy with wide eyes. "Myun!" He exclaims. 

Myun giggles, flying around Jungkook's head. Jungkook smiles softly and holds out his palm and Myun steps down, quietly sitting there, and looks up with a bright smile on her face.