Chapter 2

|The Fault Is In Me|
🌸🌸🌸

"Hi, I'll have an iced americano." Jungkook smiles at the lady who is taking orders. 

"Yes, sir." The lady smiles back. 

"What do you like to drink?" Jungkook asks Taehyung who is standing behind him the whole time. 

"Uh…" Taehyung looks around in the cafeteria and sees others looking in his direction and talking among themselves. He uncomfortably ducks his head down. "I am fine." 

Jungkook stares then smiles softly and looks at others, his smile dropping, eyes turning red, sending everyone a warning. Some scurry away while some mind their own businesses. He looks back at the lady, "One triple scoop of strawberry ice cream, top it with a few slices of strawberries and sprinkles if you can, please." 

The lady nods, smiling, "Your orders are getting ready, sir." 

"Thanks," Jungkook says and turns to Taehyung. "I didn't even ask your name. What's your name? I am sure it's pretty just like you." 

Taehyung blinks as he looks up, gaping. "I am not pretty, Sir and my name is Taehyung, Kim Taehyung." 

"See, liar. It sounds so pretty." Jungkook takes a step closer and leans to his ear, "For me." He whispers and quickly moves away. Taehyung gasps softly at the action. 

"Here you go, sir." The lady says. Jungkook turns, "How much?" He pays for their orders and takes the coffee and ice cream. 

"For you." Jungkook gives the ice cream to Taehyung. Taehyung looks up, blinking at how his teacher knows he loves strawberry ice cream and exactly triple scoop and strawberry slices and sprinkles on top. 

But Jungkook just smiles and gestures with his free hand to walk. Taehyung nods as they begin to walk out of the cafeteria. "Thank you." He mumbles. 

Jungkook simply looks at him and smiles faintly, "Anything for you." He whispers. Taehyung looks at him. He nervously laughs, "I-I mean mention not." He says. Taehyung nods and looks down at his ice cream and he breathes out. 

"Hey, Jungkook. Did you get the right book?"

Taehyung looks up to see Min Yoongi in glasses smiling at Jungkook. "Mr. Min." He says bringing the said man's attention to himself. "Oh hi, kiddo. We met again." Yoongi grins. 

Taehyung tries his hardest to control his smile. He doesn't know why but being called kiddo kinda gave him a different joy. "Yes." He bows. 

The students around them gather and chat, clicking their pictures. 

Yoongi looks around, frowning at them as his eyes flicker to black. The students scurry away. "Noisy brats." He mumbles, eyes turning back to warm brown, and smiles at Taehyung who has been shocked to utter a word. Yoongi's smile wavers, a little awkward as he glances at Jungkook for help but the latter just sips his coffee, entertained. 

"Oh, sorry." Yoongi chuckles. "I am a demon. He is my cousin, a werewolf." He points at Jungkook. 

"Am I?" Jungkook blinks, confused. "You are." Yoongi forces a smile. "Oh." Jungkook chuckles nervously, "Y-yeah, I am." 

Taehyung tilts his head. Just then he hears Yoongi's name being called. 

"Mr. Min." They turn to that voice. Taehyung's eyes sparkle at the sight of Jimin running up to them and standing next to Yoongi. "Tae—" Jimin stops himself from saying his best friend's name and bows. "Greetings, Prince Taehyung." He also bows to Jungkook who returns it with a nod.