Chapter 3

|You Give Me Serenity|
🌸🌸🌸

It's pretty surprising to find someone so comforting in merely less than a day. Even with Jimin, he needed at least two days to get comfortable enough, to share the truth about his life. But with Jungkook, Taehyung feels strange. It's like he can tell the older man anything without the need to hold back. 

They are in Jungkook's car right now. Jungkook is driving him back to his house while he is sitting in the passenger seat, looking timid, fidgeting his fingers. It's pretty embarrassing after all that emotional talk they have done back on the cliff. 

"W-what about the amusement park?" Taehyung asks in a small voice. Jungkook hums, "I got urgent work to do so I didn't go but Yoongi hyung and Jimin went, I think." 

"A-and what were you doing back there?" Taehyung points back, implying to the cliff top. He glances at Jungkook and sees his charming smile, it makes his heart dance weirdly so he quickly looks away. 

"That's my usual spot for flying after work. It's vast and sky-kissing so I go there whenever I feel like it." Jungkook shrugs, taking a turn on the road. "And I happen to go there today and for my luck, I saved a beautiful demon and am taking him back to his house. Isn't it romantic?" Jungkook winks at him. 

Taehyung blushes. "M-Mr. Jeon!" 

Jungkook laughs. "I am kidding." 

It's like a remedy, Taehyung has a smile on his face, looking out of the window at the busy road and twinkling tall buildings. Does he remember when was the last time he admired the beauty of this city at night? No, he doesn't. 

"I am a hybrid," Jungkook confesses suddenly. Taehyung blinks and looks at Jungkook, surprised. "Pardon?" 

Jungkook chuckles, "I said I am a hybrid of a werewolf and demon. My mother was a male omega and my father was a demon." 

Taehyung stares at him for a few seconds and looks away, chest tightening, "W-was?" 

"Hmm." Jungkook hums. "They died when I was a baby." He looks at the rear mirror and turns to the left, leading to an almost empty road. 

"I-I am sorry."  

"Oh, don't be." 

"S-so where do you live?" 

"At my maternal uncle's pack, the Moonstone pack. He is the head alpha. My hyung and I have been living there since I was a baby and he was 10." 

"Mr. Min?" 

"Yeah. He is my father's older sister's only son. Unfortunately, his parents have also died. So we are orphans."

Taehyung glances at Jungkook's hand on the gear and slowly sets his hand atop the latter's hand. Jungkook glances at it then at him and smiles. Taehyung quickly retreats his hand with a visible blush on his face. 

"And to add more in my mini introduction, I am 24 years old." 

Taehyung gasps. "You look sweet 20!" He exclaims, "I mean you look younger." He looks down, embarrassed as Jungkook chuckles. 

"So…" Jungkook pulls over in front of Taehyung's house and looks at him, "Thank you but you haven't told me anything about yourself? Minus the part at the cliff." He winks again. 

Taehyung feels a thump in his chest and smiles shyly. "My name is Kim Taehyung. You can call me Tae. I have been living alone on Earth since I was 12. Right now I am 19, going to be 20 this December." 

"Oh damn, mine was in September." 

"Really?" Taehyung smiles, stars twinkling in his eyes. "Yes." Jungkook nods, smiling at the shine in the other's eyes.